La Passione clothing quality?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
romanmoser

by romanmoser

love the cut of jerseys and bibs ( except that at 1m88 and 65 to 69kg i need xs sizing, so my average dick at best especially when hanging on , is a bit too much compressed ( sorry for the details )

not as durable as much more expensive option
not as technical

their rain/winter gear is so so , average at best, like castelli and others italian brands, their overshoes and gloves are a joke,
i've the first generation winter jacket with some sever design flaws that were corrected on the V2
the back don't come down low enough, it even comes up on my hip , not good
and the neck is suffocating, feel like some one is strangling me ...
sleeves are too short and come up
V2 seem much better on paper

they ship fast
are cheap , even more on sale

have the rain jersey ( gabba for them ) long sleeves coming up , bough it for 93e instead of 120euros
will review here with words and pics

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Looking for some tips on LaPassione bibshort sizing.
Looking at their sizing chart I am between XS and Small.
I sent them my measurements and they recommended XS with the following comment:

Please note that our products provide a race cut, and they are very tight, so you might consider one size larger.

My hips are 35" but even the XS only goes down to 37.7" I generally wear a medium in brands such as Castelli and Giordana, but sometimes they are a bit too loose. Thanks for any advice.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I found that my La Passione shorts and tights fit the same as my Giordana which is XL and I am 183cm and 78kg.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

TribesMan

by TribesMan

I own a few kits from LaPassione, currently I am 184cm and 79kg, and at the moment my choice is L bibs and M jerseys.

Few years ago when I was a bit heavier (86kg), I bought size XL bibs and XL jerseys.
Fit for the bibs was spot on, but jerseys were a bit loose for my liking.
After that I bought some more XL bibs and L jerseys, and that was "perfect" sizing for me at 86kg.

I can still wear my old XL/L kits, and I do, but it is just not that "aero".

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

So some reports after 1 year...

1. Midseason gloves are unraveling at the seams. :( I've used them for two winter seasons, so about 3 non-consecutive months. Always hang dry -- never put in dryer. Washed in a mesh bag, cold water laundry -- maybe this is it since they recommend hand wash.

It fits flawlessly, very easy to move in, and works well down to 5°C. Maybe I need to buy another set and really take the hand-wash thing more seriously. I love these gloves.

2. Socks have lost some elasticity since the early days. Sags down after riding a while. Also starting to develop sock odor that won't come out. Comparatively, MAAP and Swiftwick socks have stayed tight, form fitting, and odor-free for years...

Also, man, their internet advertisement really worked over the past year because I see people wearing La Passione all over now. Maybe I notice it more because I'm looking for it... but I gotta admit these are some very good deals on relatively clean low-key designs that fit pretty well.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Just took delivery of my La Passione Prestige bibshorts and was delighted to find that the chamois is the Hybrid Cell System from ElasticInterface and although it looks like the Paris HP it has 200kg/m3 density rating which I didnt know when purchasing. Happy days as I know it will be good. The Prestige fit a little snugger than the model below it PSN I think it is. I am 78kg and 183cm tall.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

I've been wearin La Passione for geez, 6 years maybe. Always liked their stuff, this last purchase I went with my standard small jersey and medium bibs, both were too small, quite a bit smaller than the previous stuff in the same size I've always purchased. Sometime in the last year they changed their sizing scheme so beware.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Has anyone tall and skinny tried their bib shorts? Are they long enough?

I have their LS rain jersey and I am very heel with it.

I am 184cm and weigh in at 60kg

Alex222

by Alex222

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:56 pm

I am 190cm and 67kg. Have only tried the Minimial bib shorts in size Medium. But have now got three pairs as I love them so much. Length is good and the EI pad is fantastic.
Have got 2 of the Prestige jerseys in size Medium which are the best fitting jerseys I own.

disq

by disq

I only have a LS Windproof Jersey from them and I love it, it's been my go to this year for single digit temps, except for the sub-zero days where I whip out the Castelli Alpha ROS jacket and put on two merino baselayers... The cut is comfy (but it's cut for when you're on the bike, not really for standing upright), pockets are adequate, the colour (red clay) and design looks good.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:56 pm

How do you find the rain jersey? I really like the look of the navy short sleeve version! I have a Gabba but the LP version looks better in my opinion. I'm thinking a size L as I'm 172cm 74kg...
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I love the rain jersey, very versatile, I used it with a thermal base layer for winter down to about 0C, and as a normal jersey up to 10C

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:53 am
I love the rain jersey, very versatile, I used it with a thermal base layer for winter down to about 0C, and as a normal jersey up to 10C
Thank you :)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

La Passione is doing the Movistar kit.

fiber

by fiber

Here's a (belated) take on a La Passione set I bought a year ago (rider 82 kg / 187 cm):

Windproof Gilet XXL- good design and quality, two-way zipper hasn't failed (and very handy to open from below to get easier to jersey back pockets / sizing good
Prestige Lightweight Bib Shorts XXL - otherwise good, but one seam rubs on inner side of thigh, damages skin on longer rides / sizing good
PSN Socks Lake XL/XXL- felt so good but shrinked a lot, way too much / sizing WAS good up to 1st or 2nd wash but now they are like M sized... booo :/
Vibes Jersey XXL - I like the cut and design, but zipper is below other quality / sizing good

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com