La Passione clothing quality?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
AZR3

by AZR3

I have a few of their bibs, quality is ok, nothing great but about what youd expect for the price. THe chamois also seemed a bit thick for my liking but overall theyre fine

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

So I took delivery of my lightweight PSN bibs yesterday and the material is thin and hopefully not to see through from the back or I will be getting the, "is it the crack of dawn" from those that follow behind me in the train. I decided to weigh them (0.199kg) and compared the weights to the DHB Aeron with the exact same chamois (0.209kg). The PSN should be good in the hot summer days and they were okay today in 20 deg C but the chamois really works for the saddle that I am running (SMP Composit) and the bib fit was spot on compared to most others I use in XL. I have lost some weight but stand 183cm and 75.8kg this morning. Delivery was quick with Fed Ex and now that I have PSN the order that I had cancelled with Wiggle for a 2nd pair of the DHB with HP chamois suddenly turned up after Skynet had located them. Skynet wants the duties and taxes which is fine if they can actually manage to get them to Canada without losing them again before they make it to my house. I dont have much hope but I did pay the duties and taxes just in case they make the delivery. Skynet is the reason I went with La Passione and Fed Ex.

Sorry I need to edit the weights as I forgot to remove the plastic coat hanger from the total. My bad. There numbers have been adjusted but its still more than what the website claims for the lightweight PSN but they also have the numbers reversed on the site between the lightweight and the standard PSN bibs.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:42 pm
So I took delivery of my lightweight PSN bibs yesterday and the material is thin and hopefully not to see through from the back or I will be getting the, "is it the crack of dawn" from those that follow behind me in the train. I decided to weigh them (0.199kg) and compared the weights to the DHB Aeron with the exact same chamois (0.209kg). The PSN should be good in the hot summer days and they were okay today in 20 deg C but the chamois really works for the saddle that I am running (SMP Composit) and the bib fit was spot on compared to most others I use in XL. I have lost some weight but stand 183cm and 75.8kg this morning. Delivery was quick with Fed Ex and now that I have PSN the order that I had cancelled with Wiggle for a 2nd pair of the DHB with HP chamois suddenly turned up after Skynet had located them. Skynet wants the duties and taxes which is fine if they can actually manage to get them to Canada without losing them again before they make it to my house. I dont have much hope but I did pay the duties and taxes just in case they make the delivery. Skynet is the reason I went with La Passione and Fed Ex.

Sorry I need to edit the weights as I forgot to remove the plastic coat hanger from the total. My bad. There numbers have been adjusted but its still more than what the website claims for the lightweight PSN but they also have the numbers reversed on the site between the lightweight and the standard PSN bibs.
Also live in Toronto, did you have to pay duties and taxes on the La Passione order? How fast was shipping from the time you placed the order?
Thanks

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

The La Passione order was placed on Jun 16th in the evening here but they likely didnt get it until the next day. It shipped on Jun 18th and we received it on the 23rd but could have had it on the 22nd but missed the driver and the package needed a signature even though I paid the duties and taxes by phone before it arrived. Fed Ex was a bit of a PITA because even though I paid the duties and taxes I still got text messages and phone calls saying that I needed to pay the duties/taxes but I ignored it and all was good. I was trying to pay online through Fed Ex but their site was not taking online payments at the time. Its so much handier when you can do it online rather than calling but the guy said they were working on it. They use Fed Ex express to their were no insurance fees for me to pay which was big relief. All in all I was happy with Fed Ex and the shorts are of good quality but think next time I will get the standard weight instead of the lightweight.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Not a quality question, but: what's the fit of La Passione? (esp in LARGER sizes).

Normally I'd just go with mfg suggestion but, based on their size chart I felt I was in between sizes. Basically I wrote stating that I have a 41" (chest) and 34" (waist), but I am also 75.5" (tall) and weigh 190#. I also noted that I frequently have lots of annoying excess fabric around the waist...so I was trying to decide between L and XL.

I received a message stating that I should look at an XXL. I was very surprised as their own chart has XXL as 42.5-44"(chest) and 37-38.6" (waist) which would, seemingly, be HUGE...esp in the waist.

Any thoughts?

rawjunk

by rawjunk

smartyiak wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:04 pm
Not a quality question, but: what's the fit of La Passione? (esp in LARGER sizes).

Normally I'd just go with mfg suggestion but, based on their size chart I felt I was in between sizes. Basically I wrote stating that I have a 41" (chest) and 34" (waist), but I am also 75.5" (tall) and weigh 190#. I also noted that I frequently have lots of annoying excess fabric around the waist...so I was trying to decide between L and XL.

I received a message stating that I should look at an XXL. I was very surprised as their own chart has XXL as 42.5-44"(chest) and 37-38.6" (waist) which would, seemingly, be HUGE...esp in the waist.

Any thoughts?
I'm 187cm/85kg and I wear medium ss jersey and large size bibs. I got maybe 105cm chest and 83cm waist.

Jersey is feels bit short compared to ther brands, but is probably the most aero that I got :)

tarmackev

by tarmackev

These guys are popping up on my Instagram feed all the time.
I do like the look of their stuff. It all just feels so damn expensive.
Thinking back to the 90’s when you could get a decent jersey and shorts together for £50.
Obviously tech has moved on. Something I. Me thinks £100 is a solid figure for shorts and jersey that will last a couple of seasons.
It’s possible in the sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALS

by ALS

I'm suprised at the comment on what we could buy before, there is now amazing choices of kit these days.

I'm also suprised about the comment on price. If I compare La Passione to Rapha Pro, is half the price but not half the quality. I have both and generally prefer La Passione in terms fit and comfort but I can see the quality of the finish of Rapha is better. My only critism of La Passione would be the variation in fit for exactly same item..same PSN jerse, same size just different colour but one was tighter around the chest...

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

The quality is definitely good; on par with Rapha in my experience. Better than Castelli.
I generally get the PSN line, and the bibs are excellent and have a bit longer inseam. Considering fit, materials and construction it's my favourite bib.

The PSN jersey is quite lightweight, and I find the pockets can't hold much without stretching...not idea on long days. The older jerseys were better IMHO.

The cut is race fit, which works well for me. At 65-66 kg and 183 cm, I'm a medium bib and jersey...although I wish they had a S/M size jersey.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

The washing machine just chewed big holes in the leg of my DHB bib shorts after it got caught in the door ffs, probably to big a load but that would be my fault. Ordered a new pair of the PSN bibs in black as they are still onsale luckey me. This will be my second pair of PSN as I do like them very much and ironically enough has the same chamois as my DHB. Wont be washing big loads any longer.

ill principe

by ill principe

After 10 gentle washes the reflective details on my la Passione Thermal jersey shoulder now reads "la Pssin", on the sleeve "la" and the squares on the bottom front are all gone. Would not be a big thing, but the glue residue remains in a ugly beige colour and will not come off even when scraping with my nails.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (not yet built) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

It's okay. Their socks loosen over time and thus bunches as it slips down.

Macriot

by Macriot

Love the fitting. One of my favorite brands

jcrr

by jcrr

Came here looking to for suggestions on other brands. I have one lapassione jersey, and it fits ok and is holding up.

I wish PNS, MAAP and LeCol were a tad more affordable, just to try on. If any of you are on the smaller side of things, I'd like to hear input on sizes for a 170cm, 59kg male. I'm S in most rapha pro team, though I find the S is inconsistent across different pieces.

My contribution to this thread is a :thumbup: for morvelo nth bibs. They are unlike anything I've owned in terms of endurance and comfort. Compression as good as when brand new. Fabric color only slightly faded, and some stitching is starting to give out, but that is after years of continuous use.

thank you
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JayOJonson

by JayOJonson

i have a couple bits, its a decent fit and well priced.