La Passione clothing quality?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Thias

by Thias

Kumppa wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:30 pm
Thias wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:17 pm
I have several bibs and jerseys from La Passione. I must say that they all fit great. Except for the jersey that I just received yesterday which fits not as great, although it is the exact same size as my other jerseys.
Maybe something wrong in the making of this jersey line. I'm waiting for the new "geometric" line to come out and I will order a jersey for sure.
And what was this last jersey...?
This one : https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/m ... lue-orange

I'm going to wear it on my today's ride and see how it feels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Funny because I was considering to give it a try to this new line.
Not stretchy enough fabrics or what?

Kumppa

by Kumppa

^ Me too. Would be nice to hear what was different on it.

I found that PSN was too stretchy for my use but like Macro PDP with less stretch material.

Thias

by Thias

I finally didn't wear it today because the temperature wasn't high enough.
From what I feel when I wear this jersey, it feels like he back is less stretchy than PSN line whereas the front is probably as stretchy. Maybe it is just a feeling...
The jersey looks dope though !! With the matching socks, it looks really great !

Thias

by Thias

Oh, I really like this new line ! And especially that one : https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/m ... tric-porto

Roel W

by Roel W

I need new bibshorts as my Vermarc PR.R are worn out (one lycra panel became see through).
A I have a lot of La Passione shirts I'm considering La Passione Palmares at 120€.
I have already La Passione Classic bibs, they're now at -25% but unfortunately no longer in size L.

How does the Palmares comapre to Assos S7 (also at 130€) or other (Sportful,...) at 120€? Any alternatives that are more value for money?
Bibs need to be all plain black and available in size L.

kgt

by kgt

I would suggest you to look at Santini's website. Check their 'factory outlet' stuff and their 'on sale' items. Great prices and top quality, 100% made in Italy.

otoman

by otoman

Last edited by otoman on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

gorkypl

by gorkypl

Another vote for Santini.
Also - accidentally - Santini jerseys seem to fit me much better than LaPassione. I have Lapassione 'livery' jersey in size M and it is too loose and too short, even worse than Santini classic fit, which is too big in M, but at least not that short.
On the other hand, 'slimfit' from Santini is very good in M, and I could probably fit in S too, with the jersey not being too short still.

For reference, 183cm, 73kg, 92cm chest and 88cm inseam (long legs).

Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s
Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

tired their PSN jersey, the fit is good, short and tight, very similar to Rapha pro team. Size M. 6ft 165lb. However, the materiel and design is not good at all, it is super stretchy and zero support in the back pockets. When you are out of the saddle the bouncing back pockets are super annoying. Had to return mine.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Just ordered my first pair of bibshorts PSN blue. I see they use the Elastic Interface chamois which is what caught my attention and I think it appears to be the HP paris pad which I really like in my DHB. I tried ordering the DHB from Wiggle but Skynet shipping lost the package and Wiggle give me a refund. Seems both CRC and Wiggle are using Skynet for standard free shipping. Once Skynet gets hold of it though its not free at least to Canada.
At least with La Passione they have a distributor on this side of the pond and shipping should be within 3-4 days depending on Covid. Sure hope the bibs are as good as the DHB.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

matioli

by matioli

I will try soon La Passione and let see....
Colnago C59

ill principe

by ill principe

While the fit is good (racy and tight) La Passione severly lacks in fabric and details quality compared to the other brands i use (Void, Rapha and Endura). The fabric feels cheaper and the shirt I have lacks basic features that even Endura has had for ages e.g. zipped compartment for keys.

Don´t even get me started on their customer service and warranty process.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (not yet built) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I was just looking at the Fed Ex tracking and it appears they do not have a distributor in North America as the parcel is coming right out of Brescia Italy which means the Can/Am website is just a different web address like Probike,Wiggle and CRC have.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Etienne

by Etienne

I have several items from La Passione and find the quality/price ratio quite good ... the PSN bibs fit is OK for me and they are pretty durable, I mean no deformation nor discoloration, and they come in blue/navy color, a plus for me as I don't like black bibs in general.

Their jerseys, short and long sleeves are good for the price, as they are way less expensive than some of the other brands mentionned in that topic. I also like very much their knitted shoe covers, very practical and useful.

Another plus is the fact that there are no logos or very subtle ones ... very important for me because I don't want to look like an advertising billboard, as I am not sponsored :roll:

I also have winter gear from Santini, I find them less durable even if technically more refined ... and more expensive.
Last edited by Etienne on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com