La Passione clothing quality?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
ALS

by ALS

ichobi wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:30 pm
ALS wrote:Only wear La Passione now for sizing price/quality.... nothng but good things to say. For ref I’ve used Assos, Rapha and Castelli.
Would you say they are as good as the higher end Rapha and Assos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Similar in fit to rapha pro but shorter in the body, longer sleeves in short sleeve jersey which i prefer. I personally find rapha to over rated. The only thing I don’t like is lack of zipped pocket in jerseys

Edit: i also prefer la Passione bib shorts compared to rapha or assos. the only thing I don’t like are the socks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blue151

by blue151

I had a raw jersey and summer bibs for about a year before the jersey started to break apart at the end of hte sleeve.

Tried contacting their support who were prompt in their responses but weren't very helpful. Effectively blamed me for the damage (stating that I must have crashed or rubbed the material against an abraisive surface e.g. a brick wall) despite providing evidence that the material was breaking apart from the inside.

Won't buy again - which is a shame as I like their styling and it was reasonably comfortable.

Thias

by Thias

I'm a big big fan of La Passione.
Their clothes are just awesome.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Its good but IMHO no better than the 7 or 8 other "boutique" brands including Le Col, Cafe du Cycliste, Pas Normal Studios, MAAP, Void etc etc etc.
Me, just buy Castelli like everyone else in my ride group (apart from the guy whos sponsored by Le Col...)

mentok

by mentok

I've had 2 of their jerseys on high rotation for about 2 years and they're very worn and completely blown out. They were nice for the first 6 months, then started to degrade quickly. TBF, they've been worn almost weekly in that time, but still, I have other kits (rapha, sugoi, cuore, capo) in the same weekly rotation that have survived much better.

Thias

by Thias

Leviathan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:08 pm
Its good but IMHO no better than the 7 or 8 other "boutique" brands including Le Col, Cafe du Cycliste, Pas Normal Studios, MAAP, Void etc etc etc.
Me, just buy Castelli like everyone else in my ride group (apart from the guy whos sponsored by Le Col...)
I'm pretty sure that La Passione is not better than Le Col, Maap and other brands, it is way cheaper though.
Last edited by Thias on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilwit

by bilwit

ALS wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:00 pm
Edit: i also prefer la Passione bib shorts compared to rapha or assos. the only thing I don’t like are the socks
Their "raw" line of socks were really really good but unfortunately they've discontinued them and the new stuff is completely different :noidea:

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I hope I would not derail the thread by asking if anyone has any experience with the Campagnolo bibs? I like the fact that they have a small pocket on the back - might turn really handy mid summer.

velov

by velov

Thias wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:55 am
Leviathan wrote:
I'm pretty sure that La Passione is not better than Le Col, Maap and other brands, it is way cheaper though.
MAAP is heads and shoulders above the brands mentioned. After trying out some of the kit I would buy it over Rapha everytime.

Thias

by Thias

velov wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 am
Thias wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:55 am
Leviathan wrote:
MAAP is heads and shoulders above the brands mentioned. After trying out some of the kit I would buy it over Rapha everytime.
I'm really interested in buying a Maap kit, but man,their kits are really expensive ! But I must say they look dope !

kgt

by kgt

Santini has some new, sexy, minimal jerseys for 2019. Check their site. IME their quality is second to none. I even prefer them to Assos, and I am an Assos fan.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

kgt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Santini has some new, sexy, minimal jerseys for 2019. Check their site. IME their quality is second to none. I even prefer them to Assos, and I am an Assos fan.
The light blue reddux jersey!!!

IvanZg

by IvanZg

I order few of their items week ago. Very quick delivery, everything arrived packed inside one of their musetts.

https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/m ... ey-2-black

This jersey fits really well, fit is similar to Rapha. Pockets keep things tight inside them and there is no feeling of jersey getting tight due to packed pockets. Material seems to be of a bit lower quality then Rapha. Also black is not a real black but very dark grey. Zipper tab is large, white and looks cheap. Ordered in size S

https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/m ... y-red-blue

Everything seems to be the same as jersey above beside materials used. It's more meshy and when I go from the drops to hoods and back to the top of the bars for a few times material wrinkles and looks like Michelin mascot. That’s probably due to different material as zipper looks to be the same. Returned this one.

https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/m ... orts-black

Guy on the photo wears size M being 187cm tall. I am 177cm so went for size S. I am not built as a lumberjack but this did not fit me well around crotch area so decided to return the item. Length would be spot on for my height.

Thias

by Thias

I have several bibs and jerseys from La Passione. I must say that they all fit great. Except for the jersey that I just received yesterday which fits not as great, although it is the exact same size as my other jerseys.
Maybe something wrong in the making of this jersey line. I'm waiting for the new "geometric" line to come out and I will order a jersey for sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Thias wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:17 pm
I have several bibs and jerseys from La Passione. I must say that they all fit great. Except for the jersey that I just received yesterday which fits not as great, although it is the exact same size as my other jerseys.
Maybe something wrong in the making of this jersey line. I'm waiting for the new "geometric" line to come out and I will order a jersey for sure.
And what was this last jersey...?