High performance tubeless with tan side walls?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

parajba

by parajba

As per title, I had a look but cannot find any high performance tubeless with tan sidewalls.
I am after a size 25mm (or 28mm for the rear perhaps).
The reason I need them is because I think they look pretty nice with a black bike (e.g. need Venge).

By high performance I mean something comparable to the Corsa, 5000, etc.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Pretty sure Vittoria corsa speed TLR comes in a model with tan sidewalls

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

kulivontot wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Pretty sure they only come in gray (labeled anthracite) and black.

parajba

by parajba

Thanks but the Speed are the super light version. I am after a high performance tubeless tyre but not too light, something like the normal Corsa, the TurboCotton, the 5000s etc.
Quite surprising I can’t find any with a tan side wall. Was planning to go tubeless on a future SL6/Venge purchase and quite like the tan look...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The problem is that “natural” sidewalls are porous, so they need to be coated with rubber anyway. The Corsa Speed TLR were originally going to be available in tan, but they couldn’t solve the weeping problem without adding about 20g worth of rubber to the sidewalls,

Compass tires (Panaracer) have some TLR gravel tires with natural color casings, but they have been known to weep sealant...and also the TLR versions are only on some of the wider tires.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

TobinHatesYou wrote:
kulivontot wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Pretty sure they only come in gray (labeled anthracite) and black.
Yesh thats right. I was thinking of the G+ tubulars, which only came in tan at the time.

parajba

by parajba

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:43 pm
The problem is that “natural” sidewalls are porous, so they need to be coated with rubber anyway. The Corsa Speed TLR were originally going to be available in tan, but they couldn’t solve the weeping problem without adding about 20g worth of rubber to the sidewalls,

Compass tires (Panaracer) have some TLR gravel tires with natural color casings, but they have been known to weep sealant...and also the TLR versions are only on some of the wider tires.
I see, thanks for the explanation, that’s why I can’t find any tan tubeless...Pity as I quite like the look on a black bike.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

You can find some, but they are typically just dyed rubber. There are “tan” Schwalbe Ones and some Panaracer GKs with brown sidewalls.

arthurf

by arthurf

Corsa G+ will be available in a tubeless version in the new year in both tan wall and grey wall

parajba

by parajba

arthurf wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:44 pm
Corsa G+ will be available in a tubeless version in the new year in both tan wall and grey wall
Really?!? Awesome. How reliable is your source? The Corsa G+ (clincher) is my current favourite tyre, if they made a tubeless version (and if they made it with tan side walls as optional) it would be fantastic.

Do you have an ETA?

jlok

by jlok

Back then in September, Vittoria replied to my request for 28c tubeless Corsa. I hope I could use it on my 4.5 AR.
Hi,

Thank you for your email. We will have a 28-622 (700x28c) Corsa TLR in all black in 2019.

Unfortunately we will not have this size in gum color sidewall.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Best regards,

Customer Service Team
Vittoria Asia Pacific Limited
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

dim

by dim

Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

mattyNor

by mattyNor

They're somewhat impossible to find but tan wall tubeless Pro Ones exist

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dim

by dim

not tubeless but get Specialized Turbo Cotton and use latex tubes .... amazing tyres .... and fast! .... (I've had them several occasions, and I will buy them again)

Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Yea but not tubeless, completely different thing.

Running clinchers in Roubaix is probably the worst idea since you'll pinch flat all the time. Tubulars may be better, but cobbles are where tubeless really pays off.