On the market for a new bike...need your help/input fellow ww!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

seaneT1

by seaneT1

I am looking for a bike that has ALL of the characteristics that I will specify below, or at least one that gets really close. The bike will be used for serious racing.
- Disc brakes
- Aero
- FULL integration ( NO CABLES.! )
- Di2
- The budget is around 6 to 7 thousand euros
- Must be close to 7 kilos fully built,( the final goal with some minor upgrades as times passes is to have sit at around 6,8 to 7 kg), NO more than 7,6 kilos for a size 54, and if it is around 7,3 to 7,6 kilos and inside the budget mentioned above, there must also be the option of lowering the weight in the future to around 7 kilos with spending another 1000 to 1500 euros let's say... ( example: Dura ace build bike is 7 kilos, but costs 10 thousand but same bike with ultegra is 6 thousand and is 7,5. Not a problem since I can upgrade in the future when I will have more money and drop the weight to 7 kilos or under! )
Thus far, the only bike that ticks all of those boxes that I know of is the venge, but I am sure that there are a lot more out there ( cervelo s5, bmc timemachine, cannondale systemsix, other lesser known companies etc... )! So please, help me find them, and please, PLEASE!!! DO NOT POST BIKES AND SUGGESTIONS THAT YOU THINK IS BETTER BUT ARE NOT RELATED TO WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR, I AM VERY SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT I WANT SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE MY MIND OR SUGGEST ME OTHERWISE!!!! Thank you :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Sounds like an easy research, why not do it yourself?

dim

by dim

Canyon Aeroad ?

Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Marin wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:42 am
Sounds like an easy research, why not do it yourself?
It is actually not an easy one since many information about different bike models are not available, for example the real weight of a size 54 venge pro ultegra di2...no site has it but someone here might know it. Also there are many brands out there and so many models, and there are also new ones that are coming out later in 2019 and that I am not aware of...

seaneT1

by seaneT1

dim wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:57 pm
Canyon Aeroad ?

Would be perfect IF ONLY it was fully integrated, meaning NO CABLES SHOWING!!! But they have the go outside the frame unfortunately...Also, I believe that they are about to update it soon, so definitely not going to buy one now just to have a better updated model pop up a month later, that would not feel nice...

TiCass

by TiCass

Venge Pro, Ridley Noah Fast, Cervelo S3
But I don't think you can expect 7kg with Ultegra DI2.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

TiCass wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:04 pm
Venge Pro, Ridley Noah Fast, Cervelo S3
But I don't think you can expect 7kg with Ultegra DI2.
Yeah, I know, but if it still is around 7,5 to 7,6 with ultegra, I can live with that, knowing that I can upgrade it when I have the money :)

DJT21

by DJT21

Focus Izalco Max Disc
Trek Madone

Two off the top of my head.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

DJT21 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 pm
Focus Izalco Max Disc
Trek Madone

Trek mad one I think is not an option since it is way heavier and pricier than what I am looking for. Focus might be another good option, but there aren't many real world info about it yet...

DJT21

by DJT21

seaneT1 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:42 pm
DJT21 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 pm
Focus Izalco Max Disc
Trek Madone

Trek mad one I think is not an option since it is way heavier and pricier than what I am looking for. Focus might be another good option, but there aren't many real world info about it yet...
The Focus doesn't look like it's been designed as an out and out aero bike, but it's hard to quantify unless someone tests it along with all the other bikes. With all of the hidden cables, it could be more aero than say a Giant Propel (that is marketed as an aero bike) with cables flapping all over the place.

I like the look of the Focus, and especially the BMC (but the Team Machine, not the Time Machine).

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Look 795 rs blade disc. I think that ticks boxes.

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

DJT21 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:26 am
The Focus doesn't look like it's been designed as an out and out aero bike, but it's hard to quantify unless someone tests it along with all the other bikes. With all of the hidden cables, it could be more aero than say a Giant Propel (that is marketed as an aero bike) with cables flapping all over the place.

I like the look of the Focus, and especially the BMC (but the Team Machine, not the Time Machine).
The Focus will certainly be tested in the TOUR magazine sooner or later, then we'll know its aero properties.

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

bm0p700f wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:36 am
Look 795 rs blade disc. I think that ticks boxes.
Hmm, not to be found online.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I am sure i saw it at eurobike.

The 785 huez rs disc while not strictly an aero bike should be quite aero if your in a good position.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Giant Propel Advanced SL 1 Disk. Its a little heavier than your specs due to Ultegra Di2 but would meet your demands with DA 9170. BTW, it also comes with a dual side power meter.
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/prope ... -sl-1-disc

Japanese site below tells you the weight
https://www.giant.co.jp/giant19/bike_da ... d=00000002
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com