Winter gloves: Ale Nordik, Giordana AV 100, Giordana AV 200. Reviews?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

I am looking for reviews of these gloves. I would like to use them for temperatures 0-10 celcius. I avoid riding when raining. Anybody using them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Hey I only ride a few time a year that cold but, I do ride a more than a few days in the rain and the only gloves that I would recommend are...

https://www.glacierglove.com/perfect-curve-glove/

I haven't used the ones you are looking at, but I have tried many and they all fail on longer rides...

C

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Sorry dont know if I am too late but I have the Nordic AV Giordana glove which is probably a little lighter than the AV200. This glove is good for anything 5-15 degrees C. I also have the Sotto Zero Giordana which is good for anything below 0 C. Hope this helps a little.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

For dry weather, the range of 0-10 Celsius is probably the territory where most people need 2 sets of winter gloves. I don't have experience with the brands mentioned.

I have some Castelli CW3.1 from about 2-3 years ago. These gloves are good for +6 down to maybe -2 Celsius. At 10 C they are way too warm. I have some lighter Castelli Nano XT that I use on days that start out at 5 Celsius and hit 10-12. Neither of these gloves are in the current Castelli lineup but they roughly equate to the Spetaccolo and Scalda Pro current models.

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

0-10 degrees and lower Rapha Deep Winter. So warm!

ms6073

by ms6073

How about the Sportful Sotto Zero?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com