Cyclist friendly accommodation -Palo Alto

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

Hi guys,

does anybody know of some cyclist friendly accomdation in Palo Alto?

i live in Whistler, BC, but i'm looking to head south for a week in December or early Jan. Does anybody know of any good accmodation down that way?

Thanks.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I don't know specifically about "cyclist friendly", whatever that means (I always put my bicycle in my room wherever I stay, walk through the hotel dressed for cycling, with cleats on and walking my bike, and no one's ever thrown me out of the joint), but if you have the bucks, you could stay at Rosewood Sand Hill https://sandhill.grandluxuryhotels.com/ ... gIrL_D_BwE in Menlo Park, in the heart of the famous Sand Hill Road Venture Capital district (just some non-descript low-rise small office buildings with mega-bucks at their investment disposal) which has funded all the internet giants which sell your personal data to Russia and China.

It is close to Palo Alto (less than 6 km to downtown Palo Alto). And importantly, it is better than Palo Alto if you just want to hop on your bike, head west on Sand Hill, and without riding through crap once you get past I-280, one km away, be right at the foot of the iconic climbs, such as Old La Honda, King's Mountain (Tunitas Creek is on the other side of the mountain), and Page Mill, all of which head up to Skyline Drive. The base of Mt. Hamilton is about 45 km away (of crappy roads if you ride).

If you want to drive to San Francisco or San Jose, or almost anywhere on the Peninsula, you can hop right onto I-280. The only real potential downside is the $$$$$. Look out for the cougars on the prowl at the hotel https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013 ... ights-love .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

Thanks for the info, i'll take a look!

AJS914

by AJS914

Maybe you want to look on AirBnB?