a battered and abused Ritchey Swiss Cross brought back to LIFE!!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Catagory6

by Catagory6

if you have a bicycle that's losing its luster, dirty scratches that wont clean out, white panels turning a shade of brown, scuff marks under the fork crown, and other marks, abrasions and cosmetic deterioration that don't seem to clean out no matter what you use, i HIGHLY recommend trying a swirl remover like meguiar's, and a micro-fiber cloth.

wow, i was thinking about getting this thing repainted some time soon. b
ut not anymore. the job it did on the white panels was STUNNING! there was nothing that could get those clean and white. after the swirl remover treatment, they look just about brand new.

you can also use this stuff on a carbon bicycle, which i have done with my 12 year old Look 585. it was losing the high gloss under the down tube, and in other areas, like behind the seat tube. and polished it back to a high gloss.

i just never thought it would clean out the brown scratches, and other marks that nothing else would clean out.

i am so over the moon with the results. aside from the paint chips, and the dent in the top tube, this thing looks almost brand spanking new again

cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Catagory6

by Catagory6

took some video, but i'm not sure how well it came out.
should have at least gotten some before and after pictures

Marin

by Marin

Needs pics.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

Marin wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:04 am
Needs pics.
have to download video

in the mean time, if the hardware store is inconvenient at the moment, this will sound weird, but you might want to try toothpaste. it worked on the last few barely noticeable imperfections that the swirl remover couldn't get. recommend using with a moistened MFC