Tumble drying cycling kit

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattr

by mattr

xcnick wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:09 am
I never said I had one set of winter kit! I have several but when you’re used to Assos winter tights at £150+ the cost really adds up when buying more stuff.
Don't commute in Assos?
It's too expensive to do that in! I moved down a couple of steps (or bought it all in end of season clearance sales. So half price or less.)

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I think you should commute in ASSOS! Not least because I work for them. But also the repair / crash replacement policy.

by Weenie

mattr

by mattr

Is there a "wear out because the use/wash ratio is way out of whack" replacement policy.

A summer of 5 days a week use/wash and they are only fit for the bin.
They might do two winters, but only as winter is shorter. And only as my bike has mudguards.

TonyM

by TonyM

What’s about spinning the clothes in the washing machine? Do you use it that way ? If yes low, medium or high?

AJS914

by AJS914

I've never worried about the washing machine but I do put bibs in a wash bag so that they don't get tangled on other things.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

TonyM wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:54 pm
What’s about spinning the clothes in the washing machine? Do you use it that way ? If yes low, medium or high?
You're not supposed to spin them too much.

I do at 1600 though.... :noidea: I might be a little less precious about my cycling clothing though, by virtue of my job!