Vicenza bike hire?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I'm heading to Vicenza in late september/ early october, and have a few days free to explore etc.
Dont think i'll have enough time to warrant taking my own bike, but might have 3 or 4 days available.

is there anywhere to get a half decent bike to hire, and also any suggestions for some routes that are worth doing? :beerchug:
Cheers
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

There's not many options for bike hires in Vicenza as far as I know.
If you're arriving from Venice I advise you to stop at Scavezzon bike shop, where they have some Cannondales.

https://scavezzon.com/

Otherwise send an email to Liotto, based just few kms off the centre of Vicenza (no idea of their bikes choices).

https://www.liotto.com/richiesta-noleggio

As for the routes, plenty of options, depends mostly on how much time you will have.
You can do both Colli Berici (where there could be the World Championship in 2020 hopefully) and Colli Euganei, with routes going from 2 to 4 hours.
If you have more time you can either head to North in Asiago/Monte Grappa/Lusiana, or to west on Monte Lessini/Valdagno/Recoaro/Val Chiampo, but it will be around 3-5 hours.
If it's first time in the area I suggest to do at least once the Colli Berici and the small hills around Montecchio/Castelgomberto/Malo, as it's very lovely area.
Remember that it's gonna be grapes harvesting season now and it's one of the most lovely time of the year to get lost around the country side.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Many Thanks, Micky!!
Official cafe stop tester

IchDien

by IchDien

The Colli Euganei really are very nice. Lots of tranquil roads with mixed volcanic terrain so you can choose whether to do 1000m+ climbing over a day or 100m depending on how you're feeling. I did hill repeats on the one with the aerials to help get my Rapha Rising...

Asiago is a bit different in that you will definitely be doing climbing; aim for Marostica (where they play chess with real people and animals!) then go. I don't get there much but I've done the GF Fizik which heads up in that way.

I'd recommend trying to get to Bassano as it's a nice city for a coffee in the morning then there's practically a bike path all the way to Germany (the Via Claudia Augusta) if you stay on the west hand side of the Brenta going north which is always full of cyclists. Either that or you can decide to climb Monte Grappa if you're feeling in shape; I'd recommend from Romano D'Ezzolino and make sure your water bottles are full at the bottom as there's nowhere to refill on the entire climb aside from one cafe/hotel. Afterwards have a spritz on the bridge in Bassano and enjoy the view.