ProBikeKit.com - Are they legit?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Recently picked up a Scicon Aerocomfort Travel case for a great discount from ProBikeKit. Shipping from UK-US was about 7 working days, no duties either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello

Anyone with problems with Probikekit, lately????

Done my 1st order on monday morning - a Effecto Marisposa Tool - Tracked order (3 -5 days delivery UK-Portugal) , 24h dispatch.

Acording to 2 people i've chat:

1st person - will be dispatched today and by standart post up to 12days delivery - Asked to cancel as that was no the post service i've ordered, they say they coundn't. - conection failed.

2nd person - diferent version, the order would be dispatch yesterday and by tracked email... it didn't...

Already expressed to cancel the order as i'm no longer interested today again, they said today that woud check with the dispatch warehouse and have to wait 24h for an answer.

Very disapointed with the service:

- don't fullfil times.
- second they lied about the dispatch
- the service that as payed is not the correct one.

i've ordered many many times from other sites, like R2bike, Bike24, Bikeinn, Wiggle, bikediscount.de... etc... all great sites with great service, this one will be the 1st and last time, if the order is fullfiild or refunded.

Very Very Very ...disapointed!!!!!

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ive ordered lots from there and never had issues... the stuff seems to come out of Spain...
What I have noticed (and this goes for PBK, Chainreaction, Bike24) is the following when shipping to Canada anyways...

Just because your order says its "shipped" all it really means is that its been handed over to the local shipping dispatch and binned... I'll define binned as its in a container ready to export to Canada... when the "bin" fills up (seems about every 2 weeks) the bin gets shipped and then you generally have the package within 3 days... I notice this alot with bike24 and the DHL postal mail.. if you time your order right, you can sometimes have stuff in 4 days.. other times its 3 weeks because you just missed shipment of the "bin" of course then theres customs as well, and thats a hit n miss... paid no tax on Bora WTO 60 wheels, but they dinged me on another package which was Morgan Blue chain cleaner, chain lube, and some inner tubes!!

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:55 pm
Ive ordered lots from there and never had issues... the stuff seems to come out of Spain...
What I have noticed (and this goes for PBK, Chainreaction, Bike24) is the following when shipping to Canada anyways...

Just because your order says its "shipped" all it really means is that its been handed over to the local shipping dispatch and binned... I'll define binned as its in a container ready to export to Canada... when the "bin" fills up (seems about every 2 weeks) the bin gets shipped and then you generally have the package within 3 days... I notice this alot with bike24 and the DHL postal mail.. if you time your order right, you can sometimes have stuff in 4 days.. other times its 3 weeks because you just missed shipment of the "bin" of course then theres customs as well, and thats a hit n miss... paid no tax on Bora WTO 60 wheels, but they dinged me on another package which was Morgan Blue chain cleaner, chain lube, and some inner tubes!!
This mirrors my experiences as well. It always amazes me how random the tax collection on parcels can be in Canada! Another one to add to the list is BikeInn or the parent company DeportVillage out of Spain. Sometimes things show up very quickly, sometimes they take 2-3 weeks even though the dispatch from the vendor has been consistent.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Bigger Gear wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:

This mirrors my experiences as well. It always amazes me how random the tax collection on parcels can be in Canada! Another one to add to the list is BikeInn or the parent company DeportVillage out of Spain. Sometimes things show up very quickly, sometimes they take 2-3 weeks even though the dispatch from the vendor has been consistent.
My best experiences lately are with Cicli Mattio for my EPS 12 groupsets, and BikeBug out of Austrailia.. I converted my SHIV TT to Campagnolo EPS and Bikebug had all the 11s TT parts I needed... I was a little reluctant to order as it seemed every review slammed the guys.. but I took a chance, and it was great.. the communication was awesome, and I had all the parts from Austrialia to Winnipeg in 7 days for $50.. and they "snuck" through customs too!

KCookie

by KCookie

ParisCarbon wrote:
Bigger Gear wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:

My best experiences lately are with Cicli Mattio for my EPS 12 groupsets, and BikeBug out of Austrailia.. I converted my SHIV TT to Campagnolo EPS and Bikebug had all the 11s TT parts I needed... I was a little reluctant to order as it seemed every review slammed the guys.. but I took a chance, and it was great.. the communication was awesome, and I had all the parts from Austrialia to Winnipeg in 7 days for $50.. and they "snuck" through customs too!
I think you have the two companies mixed up. Guys are talking about PBK not Bikebug. Bikebug Australia are excellent with their communication and deliverys, PBK is the problem store in the UK.
Bikebug do have some great offers, glad all went well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I know for me in Ontario, Canada when I order anything out of the UK or overseas I expect that I will be waiting for a month most times for deliveries to make it to my box. I rarely pay extra for shipping because like ParisCarbon says if it gets stuck in the bin when its empty we are still going to wait no matter if its PBK, CRC, Merlin and or Wiggle. CRC has been the best out of all of them for me and I am always surprised if it shows up before a months time. But I dont think PBK has never delivered on my parcels before its just slow AF. Looks like ParisCarbon has been quite lucky when it comes to the border for taxes especially on big $ items like wheels and groupsets. I got away with two etap groups coming from Ribble into Canada and no extra fees which I thought was exceptionally fortunate for me.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

junchen

by junchen

So I purchased a set of Zipp 303s disc tubeless Wheelset over the Easter weekend sale on PBK.

Couple of days later PBK emailed me saying they will cancel the order as they have difficulty sourcing for the wheels.

Would like to ask if there is any recourse for me?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage

jekyll man

by jekyll man

junchen wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:34 am
So I purchased a set of Zipp 303s disc tubeless Wheelset over the Easter weekend sale on PBK.

Couple of days later PBK emailed me saying they will cancel the order as they have difficulty sourcing for the wheels.

You ordered something over a busy weekend, where the inventory hasn't been updated for a few days, and they've run out.
If they can't get anymore, all they are obliged to do is give you your money back, same as a bricks and mortar shop.
It happens...
Official cafe stop tester

junchen

by junchen

jekyll man wrote:
junchen wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:34 am

You ordered something over a busy weekend, where the inventory hasn't been updated for a few days, and they've run out.
If they can't get anymore, all they are obliged to do is give you your money back, same as a bricks and mortar shop.
It happens...
Ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

junchen wrote:So I purchased a set of Zipp 303s disc tubeless Wheelset over the Easter weekend sale on PBK.

See if they offer a raincheck. Maybe get same deal if and when they restock. They may extend the offer if you ask.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Tugboat

by Tugboat

I ordered a 4iiii power meter last month and they seemed to have problems with stock/dispatching the order. To their credit they sent regular emails informing me that there was a problem and since I had no urgency I was ok to wait. When they did finally dispatch a little after about three weeks they expedited the shipping and it made its way from the UK to NZ in four days.

I've been using them for over 10 years and this was the first time I've had any "problem". I've had more issues with Wiggle/CRC over the years.
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

junchen

by junchen

kode54 wrote:
junchen wrote:So I purchased a set of Zipp 303s disc tubeless Wheelset over the Easter weekend sale on PBK.

See if they offer a raincheck. Maybe get same deal if and when they restock. They may extend the offer if you ask.
To update - PBK contacted me to say they had erroneously cancelled my order , and offered to reinstate the offer back to me!

Subsequent communications was prompt and I’m pleased to receive the wheels recently.

Cheers to PBK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankJ

by HankJ

I ordered two items from PBK. A bike case and an accessory for the case. The acc shipped in 4 days. No issue arrived. The case was delayed for a week, then said it shipped. I then looked at tracking and no record found. I notified them multiple times asking for help. Each time they said it had shipped, looking into it... escalating.. they would get back to me. After a month I gave up. I told them I was turning it over to the credit card company, they said not do to it give them 2 days and they would get back to me. I did.. no reply in 4 days. I cancelled with credit card. I could not cancel with them directly since there system still shows it shipped. This was a Christmas present so very disappointed with them. Never have given a poor review . I kept the accessory even though I can not use it. Too much trouble sending back a $30 item or even trying to get a refund. A real email or a call or something and I would have been happy. Just.. I am sorry and let us know if we can do anything else.. is not helpful.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warthog101

by warthog101

I have ordered 2 gravel tyres.
Dunno where the hell they are.
Yeah they seem less reliable than others.