ProBikeKit.com - Are they legit?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

darrydonds

by darrydonds

I've bought from them for close to a decade now. It's a good alternative to stores (online and brick&mortar) where I live, where a few distributors dominate the market so prices and selection are horrible. Brexit and the pandemic deteriorated their delivery times and supply chain, but otherwise, their customer service has been pretty good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I am still using Probikekit and recently I asked them for tracking an item and not long afterwards the item showed up. It was 4 weeks before I requested tracking but it was by snailmail. I have more issues with my local carriers than I do with Probike getting it across the pond.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

warthog101

by warthog101

My tyres tracking just showed them sitting there with a tracking number, awaiting dispatch.
They never left.
Told them I haven't received them and have been refunded.
I am on another cycling forum and a couple of others on there have had similar.
They didn't argue so that is good.

Mascalzone

by Mascalzone

warthog101 wrote:My tyres tracking just showed them sitting there with a tracking number, awaiting dispatch.
They never left.
This just happened to me too, order sat for weeks as processed but never shipped, I queried it, they gave me the choice of resending (stock dependant) or refund. I went with the refund which was issued today.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

engsohere

by engsohere

I have made many purchases and they're always delivered timely. For U.S. customers you'll get charged a foreign transaction fee unless you use a credit card that waives the fee. There's one thing that's confusing, that is if your total purchase is over $800 there are custom duties, how much depends on the carrier...UPS, FedEx, DHL...etc. But PBK still charges sale tax for purchases under $800. So if they're based in the EU anything less than $800 should not be subject to taxes. Seems like they want it both ways.

warthog101

by warthog101

Mascalzone wrote:
warthog101 wrote:My tyres tracking just showed them sitting there with a tracking number, awaiting dispatch.
They never left.
This just happened to me too, order sat for weeks as processed but never shipped, I queried it, they gave me the choice of resending (stock dependant) or refund. I went with the refund which was issued today.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk
Mine actually showed up after I had already been given the refund.
I let them know and repaid.
Yeah it was slow but they didn't quibble or question and coughed up.
I thought it only fair I paid again. There are Covid derived distribution/delivery issues.
I was satisfied they refunded me and would use them again.