First crash on my bike, very bad. Update 30.3.19

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Stay positive, just a matter of time before you're back! Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks. I really hope so, there's only so much washing, ironing, cleaning etc one can do before he goes crazy. Lol.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Stay with it. When I was out for 3 months due to eye surgery...I wasn't even allowed to get back on the bike until the doctor said it was okay. At least you can get on the Kickr and keep the legs somewhat going and slowing maintain your cardio to some degree. It took along time to get back up to speed and even then, not fully.

Hang in there.
KCookie wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:29 pm
Hey guys,
Just a quick update, last Thursday I had a CT scan and only got the results today, unfortunately I still haven't healed fully but I'm on the mend. The only rib I didn't break was number 12. I haven't taken any medication for eight days now, the pain is still there but manageable without relief. Im still uncomfortable in bed, waking a lot during the night so I'm still without a good full nights sleep.
Im going to book in for an x-ray mid next week as I'm hoping the extra 1.5 weeks is going to show I'm healed as I really do need to get back to work, now seven weeks without pay has put a stop to buying more bike parts, gutted. 😒.
It's times like these where I wish I didn't have such a demanding job on the body as I could have returned weeks ago. With Christmas on its way and my parents coming over for six weeks from the UK, that's going to be another big strain on the bank account. Still very annoyed with myself.😡
I have managed two short rides though on the Kickr, 21km and 18km and Jesus was that hard work. Couldn't breath properly, high heart rate and so bloody uncomfortable. Most of the ride was bolt upright, as soon as I put my hands on the bars the pain just got worse in the rib cage, but it felt good to get the legs spinning even though I kept getting passed by women. So embarrassing. Lol. Just hope I'm back on the the road by the TDU.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

exctasy

by exctasy

KCookie wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 pm
Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Stay positive, just a matter of time before you're back! Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks. I really hope so, there's only so much washing, ironing, cleaning etc one can do before he goes crazy. Lol.
Hang in there!! :thumbup:

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks guys, trying my hardest.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Hang in there, and remember the long view.

Have you tried shorter rides? Whenever I have been injured or prevented from proper riding, I have found great comfort in sitting on the trainer for really short rides: 5mins, 10 mins. Enough to create some rhythm to the day and feel like I am an athlete back where I belong.

KCookie

by KCookie

Yesterday I actually managed 27.2km and up box hill, felt really good with hardly any pain, worst part was getting used to sitting on a carbon saddle. Lol.
I'm hoping this is a good step forward to healing. I have an x-ray on Wednesday so fingers crossed for a good result.

Orbital

by Orbital

Baby steps are massive triumphs. I hope you keep progressing!

KCookie

by KCookie

Orbital wrote:Baby steps are massive triumphs. I hope you keep progressing!
Many thanks. Appreciated.

KCookie

by KCookie

Last edited by KCookie on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KCookie

by KCookie

KCookie

by KCookie

Finally, 8.5 weeks after my accident I managed to have my first day at work today. Doctors orders was to have another 2 weeks at home as I'm still not fully healed, but I just couldn't stand being at home any longer, plus bills need to be paid.
I was very surprised that my ribs didn't really hurt, it was my back that was playing up causing quite a bit of pain, one Tramadol I was ok. Hopefully I can now start to lead a normal life again.
Last week I managed 166.7km on the trainer and so far this week 96.1km. I can't wait for a ride out on the road, that will hopefully be in a few weeks.
Stay safe guys.
😀

KCookie

by KCookie

Sorry triple post.

kode54

by kode54

@KCookie, sounds like you're on the mend. When I was out 3 months...getting back on the saddle was probably the most difficult thing. You forget how you become one with the saddle until you're off for a few weeks or months. painful. good news, you're at least spinning some wheels!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

KCookie

by KCookie

Yeah couldn't resist getting on the trainer, was a little uncomfortable at first especially in the drops, but feeling a lot better now. Woke up this morning with a lot of aches and pains, hopefully I will improve though out the day.

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

I think I saw you on Zwift a few days ago, glad your healing!
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com