First crash on my bike, very bad. Update 30.3.19

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

kgibbo1868 wrote:I think I saw you on Zwift a few days ago, glad your healing!
Yeah probably me, been on it every day trying to get the legs working. Last week managed 166km so not bad considering.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LocoDuck

by LocoDuck

Well done, glad to hear you’re getting back into it and I bet that first ride outside will be something to savour when it comes round.
Keep doing what you’re doing. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

LocoDuck wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:47 pm
Well done, glad to hear you’re getting back into it and I bet that first ride outside will be something to savour when it comes round.
Keep doing what you’re doing. :beerchug:
Many thanks, yes I can't wait. New parts and wheels and can't ride it, it's killing me. 😀

KCookie

by KCookie

Hey Guys,
Just a quick update, it's now been 8 months since my accident and Im still suffering from pain in my ribs. Hopefully this will disappear in time. Im unfortunately not riding as much (only about 150km a week) due to working every hour possible to claw back the 9 weeks of lost wages. Even though I'm slowly getting my confidence back riding down hill I'm know where as quick, but I'm certainly more aware of the surroundings. Im loosing my KOMs very quickly but I've learnt safety is far more important.
Safe riding all.
Last edited by KCookie on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

alistaird

by alistaird

KCookie wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:47 am
Hey Guys,
Just a quick update, it's now been 8 months since my accident and I still suffering from pain in my ribs. Hopefully this will disappear in time. Im unfortunately not riding as much (only about 150km a week) due to working every hour possible to claw back the 9 weeks of lost wages. Even though I'm slowly getting my confidence back riding down hill I'm know where as quick, but I'm certainly more aware of the surroundings. Im loosing my KOMs very quickly but I've learnt safety is far more important.
Safe riding all.
You can always get your KOMs back but you can never get your 'safety' back - keep going and keep safe!

A

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

KOMs in the other direction are more worthy anyway:) Glad that you are progressing well with your recovery. I had a crash last summer (hit a car), but I went through rather unscathed (physically), but it seems I had lost a bit of confidence after it.

KCookie

by KCookie

PokojniToza wrote:KOMs in the other direction are more worthy anyway:) Glad that you are progressing well with your recovery. I had a crash last summer (hit a car), but I went through rather unscathed (physically), but it seems I had lost a bit of confidence after it.
Totally agree with you there. Managed a 9th over all going up yesterday so happy with that. Sorry to hear about your crash. Seems to me it happens far to much.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk