Wend Bike Wax

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

I’m about to take the plunge, however with no distributor in AU, it’s a costly process to get some in.

Does anyone have any pros or cons on Wend Wax as a lubricant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoPho

by MoPho

I used it for about a year and a half and I mostly liked it. Worked as advertised, dirvetrain stayed pretty quite and shifted great, though it would only last 100-150miles before needing to re-apply it, which wasn't so bad. The process was fairly easy and the stuff smells great!
The downside is the wax tends to build up after a while, especially in the pullies, around the cogs, and chainrings and this wasn't sp easy to clean up, quite the chore actually. It would build up a bit on the chain too, but not as bad since you use the "Wax Off" product before each re-application, but the chain never gets completely clean.
For this reason I am now trying Rock -N- Roll Gold which got high marks in the lube tests I've seen and seems to be easier to keep the drivetrain clean.
Prior to the Wend I was using Chain-L which was great for getting a lot of miles out of it between applications, but was really messy

If you do decide to proceed, make sure you get at least two bottles of the "Chain Off" for every "Wax On", you go through it much faster.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

It's a piece of shit according to zero friction cycling
His tests are the ones I value the most

When I spoke to wend distributor talking to them about physics , facts and not marketing BS , they didn't had anything solid to answer

To each their owns , just read ithttps://zerofrictioncycling.com.au/wp-c ... nd-Wax.pdf ...

damond

by damond

Am i the only one who didn't get that "quieter drivetrain"? That thing made my drivetrain noisy AF!

kode54

by kode54

interesting read. thx for sharing.
romanmoser wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:32 pm
It's a piece of shit according to zero friction cycling
His tests are the ones I value the most

When I spoke to wend distributor talking to them about physics , facts and not marketing BS , they didn't had anything solid to answer

To each their owns , just read ithttps://zerofrictioncycling.com.au/wp-c ... nd-Wax.pdf ...
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Thanks to the man behind ZF

I'm not in Australia so not intersting for me to buy from him .
But If I could support his work in a way , I would gladly do it