Sample Activity Files needed from as many devices possible

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

aerozy

by aerozy

Hey folks,

Need a favor from the WW community. Im developing a cycling app for post ride analysis. Didnt have much luck getting people to take the app for a test run so Im hoping the community could send me some sample activity files from as many devices possible. FIT, GPX whatever your device saves your activities on.

If you could send them to chainpeaks@gmail.com I would dearly appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
David
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

Dont know whats up with WW folks nowadays, zero testers, zero files, zero replies. Perhaps you're all watching the Tour or overtraining. Ok kidding aside only takes 2 minutes of your time to send me some random activity files from your gps devices. How hard can that be?

Files can be sent to chainpeaks@gmail.com

Thanks,
D

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

aerozy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 pm
Dont know whats up with WW folks nowadays, zero testers, zero files, zero replies. Perhaps you're all watching the Tour or overtraining. Ok kidding aside only takes 2 minutes of your time to send me some random activity files from your gps devices. How hard can that be?

Files can be sent to chainpeaks@gmail.com

Thanks,
D
Hey aerozy, not sure about everyone else, but I primarily use Strava on my phone, and don't do a lot of manipulation of the files in 3rd party software, so it's not a no brainer to just drag and drop the file into an email. I'd need to figure out where they are stored, possibly in the cloud, and download them before I could send them. If you can post an easy step-by-step on how to go about that, I'd be happy to help. Either way, good luck with your app!

aerozy

by aerozy

Hi Kaiser,
Sorry for my late reply. Here are step by step instructions on how to send me GPX/FIT files.
So for those who only use phone to record their activities.

1) Go to Strava or Garmin Connect and select an activity
2) In strava select action / In Garmin Connect select settings/more icon
3) In strava export GPX / In Garming Connect export original or GPX
4) Email files to me at chainpeaks@gmail.com

Or if you use a cycling computer with GPS tracking (I think majority of cyclists) just send the FIT files directly to me.

By the way ChainPeaks is now multisport so if you have swim or running activities or multisport files please send them over.

Thanks in advance! D