Cycling jokes, memes and anecdotes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Laughter is one of the best medicine, as they say, and given that cyclists and cyclism in general is kinda funny, I think that this thread was missing from here, everybody feel free to contribute! :D

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, I know I've mentioned this somewhere before, but I've got a cycling buddy named Billy, who... whenever I might show up with a new piece of clothing kit I'm particularly fond of... will inevitably look me up and down, then without missing a beat state "Do they make that in a men's version?". Now it, or some variant of it, has become standard practice and it's just as funny, maybe even more, depending on the variant insults that may be added or revised. All in good fun.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

This is the funniest I've seen:

In The stupidest thing you've heard at a bike shop...
madcow wrote:
Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 am
This one happened in our own shop, a campus shop at the UofA.

One of our regulars is in the store. He's blind and is the stoker on a tandem. He has his dog next to him as he's trying on helmets. When he leaves one of the "higher education" students asks the guy behind the counter how a blind guy can ride a bike. The guy behind the counter says that "he rides on the back of a tandem"..... The girl accepts that, but then starts to look really confused. After a minute she leans over the counter and quietly asks the salesman in all sincerity, "how does the dog steer the bike?"

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

From https://www.facebook.com/ilovecycling123/:

There's one about telling the difference between a new cyclist, an experienced cyclist, and a triathlete but I can't find it...

RyanH

by RyanH

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I lolled at that one!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

This might be the most entertaining cycling thing I've read - a book called "Roadie"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROADIE-Misunde ... 1934030171
Dimples: Laminar flow separates more easily from a surface than turbulent air. Delayed separation reduces drag. A groove perpendicular to the flow triggers laminar to turbulent conversion. A spinning object uses dimples so an edge always faces the flow.

otoman

by otoman

Frankie - B wrote:I lolled at that one!
Haha, same! Good one....
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com