Oakley sunglasses - replace lenses?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I have a pair of Oakleys and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get the lenses replaced. They're really comfortable for me but the lenses are a wreck after dropping them too many times. I figure someone on here has been through this so I'm looking for advice as to whether it's worth the effort or if it ends up costing as much as a new pair. Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

Which model are they? The cost of replacement lenses really depends on the model and the tint you're looking at.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Since Oakley has a new owner they also discontinued the production of lenses for some old models.

So it really depends on your model...

micky

by micky

Replaced lens on almost each model I owned in the past.
It's worth if you still like the frame, otherwise sometimes you can find decent deals on new ones.

mattr

by mattr

ALAN Carbon+ wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:03 am
Which model are they? The cost of replacement lenses really depends on the model and the tint you're looking at.
This is the biggy, i replaced some basic tinted lenses on my M-Pros, they are about €30-50. So on a €120 pair of glasses, it's worth it.

The near enough €200 replacement cost on my other glasses (that cost €230)...... really not worth it, so i bought a new pair, (actually paid less than the cost of a replacement lense!) and now have an extra pair with a basic tinted lense (at €30).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ak47

by ak47

You can find authentic new pairs on ebay so cheap (cheaper than MSRP for lens alone) that it's not worth imho. Just buy complete pair on ebay, but be sure they are authentic.