Shoe joy with Northwave Slim fit

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

grover

by grover

I'm sure I'm not the only one with skinny, low volume feet. They are lighter after all. I'm a 45.5 euro but B width. D width is standard for mens shoes (B is standard for womens shoes but stop well before 45.5).

I just wanted to share my joy of finding Northwave Extreme shoes in Slim fit and hopefully save others wasting time and money if they're in a similar situation.
https://northwave.com/en/products/slim-fit/
As far as I can see they're the only high end shoe actually being made in a Slim version (Sidi stopped years ago).

They're spot on. I'm so relieved after buying six different pairs in the last year and despite playing with thick/multiple insoles running out of adjustment to get them tight enough. Unfortunately in the days of online shopping the options to try on at the LBS is quiet lacking.

Up until now I've been resorting to my five year old S-Works shoes which are looking quiet tatty.

I should note that the current S-Works are similar. But unfortunately in Australia the offroad version isn't imported in half sizes, they won't special order, and online sales from other countries are blocked. So sorry Specialized, you've lost a customer because I literally can not purchase a pair of your XC shoes in a half size.

Any other narrow shoe joy stories? It'd be good to have a bit of a database of options as Northwave aren't offering a slim version of their latest shoe, the Ghost, so it seems I'll be back at square one when these Extreme Slim shoes wear out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

I'm the other side of the spectrum. I used to love northwave as their standard sizes fit my wide feet really nicely. Sadly now their new versions are too narrow!
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL