Long term road bike rental in or near Paris

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

fa63

by fa63

I am heading to Paris next week for two months. I was going to take my bike with me but now that may not be possible. Anyone know of any places that would do long term road bike rentals for a reasonable rate?

Thanks.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

Unless there's someone offering great discounts for such a long period of time (and probably even then), you will most likely save money by buying something cheap (alu with 105 or something like that) and selling it before you leave.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

What about Rapha? Do they have long term rentals or just for 1-2 days?

fa63

by fa63

blaugrana wrote:Unless there's someone offering great discounts for such a long period of time (and probably even then), you will most likely save money by buying something cheap (alu with 105 or something like that) and selling it before you leave.
I have thought about that, but not speaking the language and not knowing what the system is for selling used bikes there, I am not sure I want to deal with that hassle.

Delorre

by Delorre

Longer term bike rental tends to become a very expensive affair if you are talking about 1 or 2 month. My dealer has charged my dad 150€ / week, duration around 2 weeks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

you can ask http://parisbikeco.com/ but as above, i think the cost of renting for a couple of months will be steep, it's going to be peak time

they're quoting €380 for two weeks, even if you could get rates down to €600/month

decathlon will sell you a bike with 105 for around €800 (decathlon is a sports chainstore, their bikes have a good reputation)

if you just gave it to a school/whatever after a couple of months, you are still waaaaay ahead, or keep the box and fly it home with you

bear in mind hire bike insurance is unlikely to cover theft, you'll be liable for full price if it gets pinched, worst case it could cost you a lot more than hire fees

whatvever you decide, take pedals, on the road tools/repair stuff, lock etc.