London bike shop recommendations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

gerryc89

by gerryc89

Hey all,

I have a slightly tricky service I want carried out. I’ve never been able to get the internal disc brake cable for my CAAD12 working great. The hollowgram chainset spindle doesn’t give much room and the tight angle leaves me unable to use a larger disc specific outer cable to improve performance. I’ve tried quite a few times myself but struggled.

I’m looking for a “good” bike shop in London to do a full cable replacement and hopefully do a good job improving the rear brake. Anyone know of a solid mechanic/bike shop for the job?

All of the chain bike shops aren’t filling me with confidence

Many thanks

coriordan

by coriordan

Bespoke probably. There are 3 in London (CW, City and west end)

Superdomestique from this forum also based there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Dunno if they do day to day repairs but Condor Cycles are long established and have a huge reputation.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

Bespoke set up my new bike, did a fantastic job even with all my pedantic requests.

I have a few mates who have used Super Domestique and they are blown away with the service. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for sometimes.

I'd also have a look at SBC Cycles in Hoxton. They're an independent store owned by the mechanics - they do great work without charging an arm and a leg because their overheads aren't as massive as the bigger stores. I use them regularly for all sorts of odd jobs, they never disappoint. You can normally get your bike back on the same day, and their workshop isn't booked up for weeks in advance.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Swift Cycles near Liv St are also good, mechanic wise