US webshops I shouldn't miss?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

havana

by havana

Mrs. Havana is travelling to the US for work. Obviously she could take some goodies home for me :D

Based in The Netherlands, I don't know any US webshops, apart from Amazon of course.... which ones are worthwile?
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

havana wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 am
Mrs. Havana is travelling to the US for work. Obviously she could take some goodies home for me :D

Based in The Netherlands, I don't know any US webshops, apart from Amazon of course.... which ones are worthwile?
It's funny because I always end up buying things like Campy chains, tires, parts and clothing from the UK and Germany since they're usually far cheaper than domestic/US prices.

Anyway, here are places I've bought from recently, but I wouldn't say any have superb deals. US pricing is very...controlled by a handful of large distributors (chiefly QBP, BTI, Hawley) and manufacturers dictating Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP.)

Competitive Cyclist - online/warehouse
Art's Cyclery - online/warehouse
Western Bikeworks - brick and mortar
Jenson USA - superstore/discounter
R&A Cycles - brick and mortar extension
Glory Cycles - brick and mortar extension

prebsy

by prebsy

Amain cycling and Kyles bikes
They offer some pretty good new customer sign ups. I think I got 10 and 15 % off respectively ... on already heavily discounted items.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Fairwheelbikes.com

Only reason UK and European stores seem cheap to us in the US is they don’t charge us VAT, US taxes, and most times import tariffs.