Rapha Core?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Spring is on its way, So its time for some new kit. I currently own a pair of Rapha LW bibs and Classic II jersey.

Like every year, Rapha have a sale. £120 for there Core bibs and jersey, cant grumble?

Anybody have any experience with these, mainly the fit of the jersey and bibs. The jersey in some photo's looks more relaxed than the Classic II jersey?

Thanks folks.
Luke

RyanH

by RyanH

I had to size down on the core jerseys. Pockets are pretty deep which is a blessing and a curse as I often have trouble reaching into them. The side pocket for the phone is nice though. And since I sized down, they end up being a tad short in the front.

With all that being said, they seem super durable and a good value.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dastott

by dastott

RyanH wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 am
I had to size down on the core jerseys. Pockets are pretty deep which is a blessing and a curse as I often have trouble reaching into them. The side pocket for the phone is nice though. And since I sized down, they end up being a tad short in the front.

Exactly my my experience with a jersey. Didn’t size down but found the jersey a little short. Still, no complaints and it’s a cheap entry to Rapha quality.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

The jersey is kinda whatever but the shorts, for me, are really quite good, love the pad and like the fabric more than the classic which have zero hold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conza

by Conza

I am looking at the tights (for commuting) w/ no pad. A small in pro-team; but assume the same in Core.
It's all about the adventure :o .

RyanH

by RyanH

How's the length of the bibs?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Bib length total ‘normal’ for me (180cm, size M) same as assos, ale in M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Thanks for the replies.

My Classic II jersey is a perfect fitfor my build which is a medium. I don’t mind a shorter jersey as my upper body is short.

I want a fairly close firing jersey, race fit would look awful on a “fuller figure” and the relaxed fit just flaps in the wind.

£120 didn’t seem like a bad price for both, as long as the chamois is of good quality, my lightweight climbing bibs are pretty good, but the padding isn’t as good 2 seasons on.

Thanks
Luke

liam7020

by liam7020

Have my eye on this Core bundle too. Initially thought I would be a large in the jersey but looking at the back and arm lengths on their size chart indicated I should be a medium although across the chest the medium initially appeared too tight. I emailed Rapha asking would they measure a medium across the chest seam to seam allowing me to compare with my existing tops but obviously the distribution point is at a different location to customer service because they replied indicating they had no access to the products but suggested I phone one of their stores. So duly phoned their Spitalfields store this morning and an extremely helpful guy called Dan measured the Core jersey and confirmed medium should be a nice race fit for me. We also had a good oul natter about riding cobbled sportives etc!

Last summer I bought a 12 quid pair of socks from Rapha which, as turns out, were delayed in the post so I phoned customer service who offered me £20 gift voucher as compensation. The socks turned up a few days later so I phoned them back to confirm and they kindly allowed me to retain the gift voucher which I can now use for this Core bundle! Must say my initial impression of Rapha was that they were a very pretentious brand but, can only speak as I find, my two encounters thus far have been more than positive. BTW 182cm and 80kg.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

PLuKE

by PLuKE

RyanH wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 am

When you say you sized down, compared to other Rapha lines? or compared to other brands?

Thanks

RyanH

by RyanH

For the jersey it runs a full size larger than Pro Team.

PLuKE

by PLuKE

RyanH wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 pm
For the jersey it runs a full size larger than Pro Team.
Thanks, I only have the Classic II, so heard a few reviews saying the Core jersey is more relaxed in size.

Luke

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

The jersey is reasonably good, although as others have already mentioned, I found it to be rather short compared to other jerseys. Doesn't seem to matter once I'm on the bike though.

The shorts are excellent - even if they're only meant to be the 'entry level' to Rapha. Comfy, stretchy, wide shoulder straps, a great pad and a longish leg length.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Plus one on the short jersey length.

I got a large core jersey (I can usually wear either L or XL in Rapha and went L because the Core is supposed to be a relaxed fit) but don't like it this short.

Shame because I like the sleeve length, quality, zipped pocket.

Is a bit warmer than some jerseys though, so not as good for really hot days.

Cheers
GJ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Rapha core jersey is short, wide and weird ill fitting, especially when in riding position on the bike. Sort of a low quality feeling. All IMO of course.