Rapha Cycling Club?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

if you have no stylem like getting ripped off and like buying your friends its great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

Waffa is what you make it- if you’re near a clubhouse it’s pretty good value and there are usually subgroups of stronger/ better riders that are good fun. Avoid open rides like the plague and never ride at the back of any waffa bunch.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

not jumping on the diss'in bandwagon about perceived lack of quality in the kit, or whatever/elitist wankerism etc, but if you are local and like coffee it can make economic sense to join.
Anything that gets people riding socially together, and with a better standard imo is a good thing.

My only peeve (besides their beards) is they tend to ride good bikes in shat weather with no mudguards and seem to think its fine to spray everyone else with crap...
Official cafe stop tester

Wookski

by Wookski

jekyll man wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 am
not jumping on the diss'in bandwagon about perceived lack of quality in the kit, or whatever/elitist wankerism etc, but if you are local and like coffee it can make economic sense to join.
Anything that gets people riding socially together, and with a better standard imo is a good thing.

My only peeve (besides their beards) is they tend to ride good bikes in shat weather with no mudguards and seem to think its fine to spray everyone else with crap...
No threat of that at Waffa, the vast majority ride crap bikes and spend all their $ on kit :lol:

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

jekyll man wrote:
My only peeve ...... is they tend to ride good bikes in shat weather with no mudguards and seem to think its fine to spray everyone else with crap...
Isn't that true of everyone these days? Its why I don't club ride.

Shrike

by Shrike

Wookski wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am
jekyll man wrote:

No threat of that at Waffa, the vast majority ride crap bikes and spend all their $ on kit :lol:
Wooksi, going to have to ask. Which Rapha Club rides have you been riding with?

Missus is going to start riding with some clubhouses shortly so will be interesting to compare notes.

NS

by NS

I joined at the beginning. Read the bullshit credo then left. They said they were going to change it to make it less elitist and they did. I rejoined, the bike hire is a bargain, free coffee is good and yes a lot of the clothing is expensive but no more so than sportful, castelli and assos. The difference is they make less so they dont discount it out through the big mail order retailers.

They also put on great events and they arent expensive either. Recently did their cross prestige £15 each, coffee before food and coffee during and food after. No way they made a penny on it after staffing it.

Each to their own, I don't race in the kit or anything but its worth more to me than the £135 it costs a year.

Its also better than the political backstabbing moaning and bitching of your run of the mill uk cycling clubs with their crap garish kits

dopesick187

by dopesick187

I'm a member with RCCMCR - live relatively local to the club house, great bunch of people, lots of good rides, social events etc and I easily get my money back on the amount of coffee I get through. I'd recommend it if you live near a clubhouse and can take advantage of all that offers.

Wookski

by Wookski

Shrike wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Wookski wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am
jekyll man wrote:

Wooksi, going to have to ask. Which Rapha Club rides have you been riding with?

Missus is going to start riding with some clubhouses shortly so will be interesting to compare notes.
Sydney- ride with them at least twice a week. I actually enjoy the craziness though most of my mates steer well clear.

kode54

by kode54

its always good to mix it up. i have not participated in any of the RCC group rides. i was hoping to use their bike hire when i travel to different cities. haven't done so yet, but soon.

traveling to different cities and taking a bike is a hassle. renting one is just as bad and you can't get anything decent without paying through the nose. so renting a few days a year in a different city (once they expand out to other cities) will pay for itself pretty quick. that was the main reason why i joined.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

Can any RCC member help me get a RCC jersey. I have used few Rapha clothing before which fits me well. I like the RCC exclusive jersey a lot unfortunately i am not a member nor i plan to be a member as they are not located in my country nor i travel to any of their locations in future and would be using their bike rental. If anyone is willing to buy for me and ship it straight to me and i would paypal the amount. Let me know if any1 is willing to the needful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

RTW wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm
jekyll man wrote:
My only peeve ...... is they tend to ride good bikes in shat weather with no mudguards and seem to think its fine to spray everyone else with crap...
Isn't that true of everyone these days? Its why I don't club ride.
At Lancashire Road Club (Est. in 1923) if you turn up on one of our several weekly club/training rides in winter and you have no mudguards you sit on the back, simple.
PS. Thus not enableing you to participate in the cafe burn up at the end. :lol:
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

guyc

by guyc

dinesh2988 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 pm
Can any RCC member help me get a RCC jersey. I have used few Rapha clothing before which fits me well. I like the RCC exclusive jersey a lot unfortunately i am not a member nor i plan to be a member as they are not located in my country nor i travel to any of their locations in future and would be using their bike rental. If anyone is willing to buy for me and ship it straight to me and i would paypal the amount. Let me know if any1 is willing to the needful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re for members only.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I see them on ebay from time to time..

RCC members consider it a no-no to sell RCC clothing to non-members by the way... prentenous as it may be.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

Is that so bad? You wouldn't sell your club kit to non-members...
Chasse patate