Rapha Cycling Club?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Lozaen

by Lozaen

Konsi wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:09 pm
Lozaen wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:06 pm

Actually it keeps me wondering, why there is no clubhouse in Zurich. Definitely enough cyclists, who would be able to afford the "Rapha Style of Cycling" and loads of them wearing Rapha anyway...along with other premium brands and exclusively on Premium bikes.
Zürich and Geneva are on their short list of a dozen or so future locations, but with the pandemic, it has shifted priorities a bit away from physical locations. If you are Zürich based, I will try (Covid permitting) to organise a ride for a bike store in Geneva and the RCC from Zürich to Geneva in May. 280km in one go, but not a lot of climbing.
Now that sounds great. Please let me know, if and when this will happen. Is exactly that kind of event i am looking for to participate in.
Currently I am located in Lucerne, but this is not an issue.
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

Here in Sydney we lost our clubhouse/store a few years ago.. While initially a downturn in members and activity.. It has recovered with regular rides led by leaders and member organized for weekends. We also have affiliate cafes for discounts and meetups.

Hope DC has similar setup for the members there.

It'll be hard to get a viable group setup without a prior clubhouse.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

Konsi wrote:

Zürich and Geneva are on their short list of a dozen or so future locations, but with the pandemic, it has shifted priorities a bit away from physical locations. If you are Zürich based, I will try (Covid permitting) to organise a ride for a bike store in Geneva and the RCC from Zürich to Geneva in May. 280km in one go, but not a lot of climbing.
As you seems very informed, why there was never a Clubhouse or anything remotely close in Italy?

Konsi

by Konsi

micky wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:48 am
Konsi wrote:

As you seems very informed, why there was never a Clubhouse or anything remotely close in Italy?
I had a few conversations with Rapha about the situation here in Switzerland as I live here and want to get more involved in the RCC. We never spoke about Italy, sorry.

Lozaen

by Lozaen

I believe there was a Pop-up Clubhose in Milano, but only for a couple of month as far as I remember.
I just looked up the Rapha webpage and they list "Tac Tac Cyclces" as a partner Cafe in Bern. No Clubhouse though, but it is claimed, that it was a partner cafe. Interestingly though, the homepage of the shop actually promotes different clothes and states no word about Rapha....strange
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

Conza

by Conza

sychen wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:00 pm
Here in Sydney we lost our clubhouse/store a few years ago.. While initially a downturn in members and activity.. It has recovered with regular rides led by leaders and member organized for weekends. We also have affiliate cafes for discounts and meetups.

Hope DC has similar setup for the members there.

It'll be hard to get a viable group setup without a prior clubhouse.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Was so poorly managed. How's the app now? That was always way to bring the community together but was broken for android for long time and I phased it out.
It's all about the adventure :o .

Konsi

by Konsi

Lozaen wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:08 pm
I believe there was a Pop-up Clubhose in Milano, but only for a couple of month as far as I remember.
I just looked up the Rapha webpage and they list "Tac Tac Cyclces" as a partner Cafe in Bern. No Clubhouse though, but it is claimed, that it was a partner cafe. Interestingly though, the homepage of the shop actually promotes different clothes and states no word about Rapha....strange
There is a distinction between partner stores and partner cafes (and even partner stores normally don't sell Rapha online, only physically). There is a partner store in Geneva (but that doesn't mean cheaper coffee or cafe style seating for RCC members), some are both (Bikedress in Munich for example). We'll do Geneva-Bern (to TacTac) in April :)

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

I actually did the membership because of travelling and needing a rental bike. Cheaper to get the 1 year membership + RCC rental than any of the other rentals. If you're travelling to a location with a RCC clubhouse definitely worth it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk