Biking around Kanab, Utah ? Road, gravel or MTB???

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

TonyM

by TonyM

Hi,

My wife would like to go to Kanab, Utah in order to work at the famous animal sanctuary and I am wondering if I could bike there.
Either road bike or gravel or MTB....

Anybody knows if biking is an option there?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Bring MTB and Road.
If you'll have free use of your own vehicle, you can ride locally or take the bike to some epic things in the area:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/kanab/

Road:
Roads are really beautiful and epic in scale of the environment. You can get some good climbing in the area. See strava and/or mapmyride for local routes.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

TonyM wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:46 am
Hi,

My wife would like to go to Kanab, Utah in order to work at the famous animal sanctuary and I am wondering if I could bike there.

That is funny, my missus has wanted to visit the sanctuary for a while as well, and I had wondered about the prospect of combining the trip with some good riding. Would love to hear an update on how the trip goes for future reference!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

TonyM wrote:Hi,

Yes.

Get the MTBProject app and download the trails in Utah. You can also use their website.

Plenty of MTB riding near there, if not right in town. St. George, Hurricane and Virgin are a half hour west, maybe a bit more.

Also right near a bunch of National Parks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk