Poseur Test!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Which of the following identifies you?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Not a Poseur - I don't ride anything fancy, nor wear fancy kit, and I'll drop your ass never the less
17%
Micro Poseur - I clearly have a name brand tall sock collection, but I don't ride or wear anything fancy
14%
Total Poseur - I ride a fancy bike, everything is stealth black, and I think I could be photographed for the Rapha website
35%
Pro Poseur - I don't ride anything fancy, but I wear pro team kits and I (think :roll: ) I look the part
No votes
Super Pro Poseur - I ride a fancy bike, and I wear pro team kits and I (think :roll: ) I look the part
1%
Mega Pro Poseur - I ride a Pro Team bike, I wear Pro team Kits and I (think :roll: ) I look the part
3%
Mary Mother of God Super Pro Poseur - I have Chris Froome's bike, wear team Sky kits and hot damn, I (think :roll: ) I look the part
2%
Fancy Poseur - Any sub-set or combination of Poseurism - Your know who you are Buddy!!
22%
King of All Poseurs - All hail the King - Buy me a muffin at the Coffee Shop!! Make that Two Muffins for @Calnago
6%

Total votes: 88

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Calnago wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Well... this thread certainly seems have to have lost its momentum...
Oh well... Muffins anyone?
More to the point, are Mario's brakes UK style (right hand front brake)? :shock: :shock:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That's not the point at all. The point is... he has muffins!
:beerchug:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

And he didn‘t wear any HR monitor as this would not be cool !!! LOL

themidge

by themidge

RTW wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 pm
More to the point, are Mario's brakes UK style (right hand front brake)? :shock: :shock:
They are! That's pretty unusual for an Italian pro, did he always run them that way round?

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

themidge wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am
RTW wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 pm
They are! That's pretty unusual for an Italian pro, did he always run them that way round?
Actually, yes, plenty of old pics of him running his brakes moto.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Calnago wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 pm
That's not the point at all. The point is... he has muffins!
:beerchug:
They are petits fours.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Leviathan: Next time I travel... I'm staying at YOUR hotel!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Jenmoss wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm
beeatnik wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:55 am
Mr. Gib, to paraphrase someone's sig (relating to you, in fact), you don't know what you're talking about. Especially the part about cross chaining.
I am open minded, so educate me. Explain to me why 53 x 28 is better then 39 x 21 (both 49 inches).
I ride a single ring , both my bikes are now single 53t, x 25 the other is 27, I never used the small ring not for climbing , not for anything etc ,so last year went the whole hog and removed my lovely carbon cage derailuers I made . Always thought it would be a bit hipster looking ( that’s why I never Removed them for years I liked my bikes to look like a race bike ) with a single ring but I don’t care anymore . . For me it feels smoother in the big ring . It feels easier to turn over. I have the ability to turn it over quite easy on a climb so unless you can do that yourself then you wont understand where I’m coming from.
I love pink , it’s a great colour. Been tempted to get my guru sprayed pink. Still might if I get another bike . Pink =gay , ffs haven’t we moved on from this nonsense..
Nothing wrong with pink. Back in 1994, I was in Southern California playing in the Table Tennis US Open. I was 185 lbs, had 8% body fat, muscular and had a pink shirt and shorts.

My two sisters and a woman I was hanging out with were present and overheard two girls talking dirty about me while I was playing.

In the right setting, pink is alright.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I'm more of a wanker-poseur, or possibly "reformed fred", which wasn't an option. My bike is 100% Italian except for the tubes so now I have to wear jerseys instead of t-shirts.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Calnago wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm
Muffins anyone?
Muffins?

I still have a pair of those glasses and wear them from time to time on the day I ride with no helmet and let my bald spot get some unfiltered sun :D :noidea:

Rich_W

by Rich_W

This thread is now 11 months old and my inner Poseur is waning.

Starting to think about ordering some new clean kits for the season and I’m at a total loss. Nothing is appealing any more... still like the idea of mix and match solids... meh. My Rapha crap is all falling apart... somebody say something inspirational... (obnoxious will work too...)

Rapha — done
PNS — *f##k* no
Attaquer?
Eliel?

Here's current "Poseur in Black" status rear view:

Here's current non-kit casual status front view:
Last edited by Rich_W on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markc

by markc

With that belly you should be riding the fat bike

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Rich_W wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:58 pm
Here's current "Poseur in Black" status rear view:

Jupiter, FL. Used to ride down there from time to time. Busy and traffic is killer. Literally.........

As far as kits, try assos.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Rich_W wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:58 pm
This thread is now 11 months old and my inner Poseur is waning.

Starting to think about ordering some new clean kits for the season and I’m at a total loss. Nothing is appealing any more... still like the idea of mix and match solids... meh. My Rapha crap is all falling apart... somebody say something inspirational... (obnoxious will work too...)

Rapha — done
PNS — *f##k* no
Attaquer?
Eliel?
Erm.... Hello Rich? Hello?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Innit!

Assos bibs, no jersey, baby oiled chest. So much win!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop