2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

jorryt

by jorryt

Strade Bianchi will be the best race of the year!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5S) Plus met Tapatalk

by Weenie

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

if it doesn't get cancelled...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Maybe the first time we’ll see riders really make a tactical choice to choose discs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilwit

by bilwit

peted76 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm
Froome & Dumoulin to start Tirreno-Adriatico next week. Tommy will surely be wanting to prove something after his Abu Dhabi disaster. Goodness knows where Froomes head is at, but it's the first time I'm aware of that these two will have raced against each other since.. well before last years Giro... Will the young Tommy, knock Froome of his perch this year? There's at least three chances with this, the Giro and TdF. I'm loving the fact the season's started!
Froome is severely undercooked, just like last year. He is saving form for the Giro-Tour, just like he was stale bread up until Stage 1 of the Tour last year. I will be surprised if he's GC leader for Sky by the end, just like Ruta del Sol. I'm also sure he doesn't mind staying out of the headlines either.
Last edited by bilwit on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I doubt Froome starts either grand tours
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

bilwit

by bilwit

spdntrxi wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:48 pm
I doubt Froome starts either grand tours
I HOPE he doesn't, but I don't doubt for a second that the case will still be ongoing and he's allowed to ride AND his BS defense will actually hold anyway..

Rondje

by Rondje

Rudi wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 pm
Did USA cycling ever re-use the Felts with the cranks on the left hand side?
They still do. Just lapped the New Zealand team on them.

Rondje

by Rondje

bilwit wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm
peted76 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm
Froome & Dumoulin to start Tirreno-Adriatico next week. Tommy will surely be wanting to prove something after his Abu Dhabi disaster. Goodness knows where Froomes head is at, but it's the first time I'm aware of that these two will have raced against each other since.. well before last years Giro... Will the young Tommy, knock Froome of his perch this year? There's at least three chances with this, the Giro and TdF. I'm loving the fact the season's started!
Froome is severely undercooked, just like last year. He is saving form for the Giro-Tour, just like he was stale bread up until Stage 1 of the Tour last year. I will be surprised if he's GC leader for Sky by the end, just like Ruta del Sol. I'm also sure he doesn't mind staying out of the headlines either.
Tom Dumoulin is planning the same double, only not sure if he is going to say out loud that he will go for GC in the TDF. I know that he is doing both and secretly/silently the team hopes he will go for GC in the TDF as well.

wingguy

by wingguy

Italian Team Pursuiters looking boss on Pina track bikes and Ghibli discs front and rear. Interestingly the GB team is on Ghibli rear wheels now instead of Mavic, so it must be a bloody good wheel.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Has anyone found a way to watch the Track WC's in the US? The UCI has it geo-blocked on their site and USA Cycling is saying it is supposed to be showing on the Olympic Channel, but its currently showing some replay of team skiing from the Olympics.

maquisard

by maquisard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... ky-HQ.html

Uh woh, hopefully Sky pulls the plug on the team before long and Brailsford is exposed for the lying sociopath he is and gets stripped of the knighthood.

Looking forward to #Skyfall

bilwit

by bilwit

maquisard wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:13 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... ky-HQ.html

Uh woh, hopefully Sky pulls the plug on the team before long and Brailsford is exposed for the lying sociopath he is and gets stripped of the knighthood.

Looking forward to #Skyfall
I thought we already knew this for over a year, Daily Mail just likes to regurgitate the same crap except sensationalize it ten fold. It was reported during the UKAD investigation--they found that they were ordered "by mistake" and were returned in full right after

maquisard

by maquisard

Read the article, *BEEP*
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed foul language

bilwit

by bilwit

maquisard wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 am
Read the article, *beep*
..did I strike a nerve? :roll:

The article is about the exact incident that was already public knowledge since the UKAD investigation. I have poo-poo'd Sky and Froome throughout this thread, but Daily Mail is straight up sensationalist garbage. This is old news turned into click-bait. They took a year-old reported incident, headlined it and just inserted "it may have been on purpose"... how is this news again?

Wookski

by Wookski

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 am
Wookski wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:33 am
chris47 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:06 am
From the same video:
silicone between the tyre and the rim. Interesting that this is allowed whilst the mavic blade thing is not
Silicone or Mastik Pro? Mastik Pro leaves a similar clear finished “seal” between rim and tyre.
If that is tub glue I would say who ever mounted that tub needs to practise some more.
You’re a jackass- Mastik Pro sucks but that’s how you mount it. Look up the lotto nl jumbo video.

by Weenie