2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

happyon2wheels wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 pm
... and it's not even about doping itself, it's how it's being handled and all this $hit comming from his and sir's mouth. unbearable :?
+1.
[/quote]

exactly...

AJS914

by AJS914

Kjetil wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:38 am
AJS914 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm
The really dumb thing about these cases are the leaks (we shouldn't even know about it) and the UCI's stupid rule about Salbutamol. Since, it's an analytical finding why doesn't the UCI just give riders an automatic 6 month penalty for being over the limit?
A) It's not an "UCI rule", and B) it's against the rules. Maybe educate yourself on the subject?
Maybe you should educate yourself?

Yes, it is UCI's rule that after a Salbutamol positive, he can still race and he gets a chance to prove that he's innocent. The UCI shouldn't have people leaking sensitive information or they should change the rule in favor of a quick resolution.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Oh, you're the one in need. UCI' s under the bloody WADA code.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

Rondje

by Rondje

Let's just say that the WC skinsuit suited him better.. :shock:

petepeterson

by petepeterson

No one is going to look good with full lungs + yellow fabric to bib seam in that location.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

lulu sanchez always seems to go really well in early + late season. And just generally most the time.

KWalker

by KWalker

Thomas looks poised to win a short stage race so I predict that we hear about his GC hopes for the next few months before he manages to crash out or have a super awful day and remain out of contention.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

benzebub

by benzebub

Well, the powerpuff boys are on a roll it seems..
But I could be wrong

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Here's what I think sucks the most about all of the Team Sky/Chris Froome business.... the doubt that it casts over all of the Team Sky riders. I'm not a fan of Froome or Sky, but there are riders on the team that I do like. I like Thomas and Kwiato. I liked Peter Kennaugh when he raced for Sky and I'm stoked to see how he transfers over to Bora with perhaps some more leadership and chances. Now because of the stuff going on with Sky and Froome, it makes me wonder about these other guys too... what are they doing that we don't know about? Those thoughts are only compounded when I see Thomas smash TT heavy-hitters in a TT.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

pastronef

by pastronef

go check procyclingstats for Thomas TTs

twice 2nd in the TTs at the Giro
2nd prologue Giro
1st TT Tour and yellow
1st prologue Romandie
3rd Eneco TT
3rd Commonwealth Games TT
3 time top 3 in the Algarve TTs
1st Bayern TT
etc

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

pastronef wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:13 am
go check procyclingstats for Thomas TTs

twice 2nd in the TTs at the Giro
2nd prologue Giro
1st TT Tour and yellow
1st prologue Romandie
3rd Eneco TT
3rd Commonwealth Games TT
3 time top 3 in the Algarve TTs
1st Bayern TT
etc
Yea... I know he's no slouch, I just don't expect him to smash guys that are former world champions.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

benzebub wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:21 pm
Well, the powerpuff boys are on a roll it seems..
4 riders in top 10, nothing out of ordinary..

..which makes me think: who cares about how many more GTs Froome wins. nobody. what they should do, is go for 1-2-3 in the Tour. seriously, there'd be nothing bigger, like ever. not even Mapei could pull that off, and USPS in it's prime couldn't even hold the wheel. SKY trio on the podium in the Champs - the way I see it this is the ultimate goal, the final frontier, something that would be remembered as the greatest achievement in sports history. like Brazil winning all three medals in World Cup - except they can't, as there's only one entry per team. but here - it's all so possible. Froome, Thomas, maybe Kwiato if he gets properly diagnosed beforehand. maybe there's some underdog hardly keeping up in a lesser team, ready to puff up.... I mean step up 10 levels and join the dream team! go SKY! or as Nick Cave would sing it: "puff the SKY away" :thumbup:

:roll:
Last edited by tymon_tm on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

pastronef

by pastronef

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 am

Yea... I know he's no slouch, I just don't expect him to smash guys that are former world champions.
I understand. Kiryenka performances change a lot from race to race and T.Martin lost a bit of steam since last year, when Thomas, and 2 others, beat him at the Tour TT, and Wout van Aert beat him at the Belgium tour TT

wingguy

by wingguy

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 am
Former world champions like Campanaerts, Kung and Oliveira? I must have been asleep those years! :wink:

When all of those guys are finishing ahead of TM it's clearly a case of TM having an off day, not GT having a superhuman day.

Wookski

by Wookski

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 pm
Wookski wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 am
I haven’t read that there is any suspicion of the drug being injected or ingested. Is there new evidence or have the forum MD’s forgotten to take off their tin foil hats again?
Seriously? There are three ways to get the drug into your system, inhaler, nebulizer, or injection. In order to return a value as high as he did, via an inhaler, he would have had to been puffing on the inhaler all day long, literally all day long, during the race, except we were all watching the race and didn't see him puffing the inhaler... by process of elimination, that leaves the other methods. Of course Team Sky and Froome are not admitting to using those other methods, as those methods require a specific TUE and he didn't have it.
From what I have read, and i'm not pretending to be a physician, is that the 1600 mcg recommended limit is equivalent to say 16 puffs (100mcg per puff). I am an asthmatic and I have had instances when suffering I have easily consumed 16 puffs or more. Hell, I take 5 or 6 puffs before a hard training session. I also have liquid salbutamol which is almost 10 times this dosage PER ML or liquid which if used in competition would return a significantly higher reading.

I can't believe i'm defending Froome but this is so damn stupid!