2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

It’s impossible to lose weight over a 9 year period. If you lose more than 5kgs you must be doping... pathetic as usual
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

Snabb

by Snabb

bikewithnoname wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 pm
It’s impossible to lose weight over a 9 year period. If you lose more than 5kgs you must be doping... pathetic as usual
Of course you can. But his palmares and pictures before vuelta 2011 says the opposite. He is literally a donkey that became a race horse. 3 "old" guys from GB suddenly becomes world beaters in their late 20s without showing any signs before that they were massive talents. Track cycling doesn`t attract the biggest talents, statisticaly it is impossible that 3 GT winners within 6 years come from the same nation and all becuase they hadn`t trained hard enough before or watched their diet. You Sir are delussional. You can send me an apology in 10 years through PM when Wiggins is sitting in Oprahs sofa.
Ride lots!

by Weenie

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Track cycling does attract the best British talent, it has a vast budget, much larger than the road programme, and more than nearly all pro road team, do some research, look at how little other countries fund cycling At amateur and Olympic level, maybe you’ll learn something?

Oh and you might want to check how many Olympic medals the GB track team has won since 2008, actually it would be quicker to count how many they haven’t won
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

bilwit

by bilwit

Snabb wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 pm
bikewithnoname wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 pm
Of course you can. But his palmares and pictures before vuelta 2011 says the opposite. He is literally a donkey that became a race horse. 3 "old" guys from GB suddenly becomes world beaters in their late 20s without showing any signs before that they were massive talents. Track cycling doesn`t attract the biggest talents, statisticaly it is impossible that 3 GT winners within 6 years come from the same nation and all becuase they hadn`t trained hard enough before or watched their diet. You Sir are delussional. You can send me an apology in 10 years through PM when Wiggins is sitting in Oprahs sofa.
Not only this, but Froome was getting dropped like a sack of potatoes by guys like old man Leipheimer and Van Garderen at Tour of California and Tour de Suisse in 2011.. then he shows up to the Vuelta a few months later and all of a sudden he's the best climber in the world AND can TT as well as Tony Martin :lol:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Yawn, same old, same old. You guys really get butt hurt about Froome don’t you? Even when he’s not winning you’re whining

thePrince

by thePrince

That picture of Froome looking cuddly is silly. Google him when he was at Barlowrold. He looks like a normally skinny professional cyclist.

Here is 2009 when he supposedely weighed 76kg, and another in 2011 when he supposedly dropped 12kg in order to podium on the Vuelta (one that he wasn't even picked for and got a call up due to another rider being sick, and only a few months early was awful in the tour of poland). 12 kg in two years, and that's the reason he went from a ~5.3w/kg to ~6.3w/kg. No way the 2011 version is 12kg lighter. Did he lose weight, sure. Did he lose 1w/kg worth of weight, cmon. It's just charades so everyone has a reason to believe.

Snabb

by Snabb

How much is KwiaTOWski getting paid ? He is wasting his career and ruining his season @Sky. He should have a Tour or GT stage win by now.
Ride lots!

Snabb

by Snabb

bikewithnoname wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:28 pm
Yawn, same old, same old. You guys really get butt hurt about Froome don’t you? Even when he’s not winning you’re whining
The Nile ain`t just a river in Egypt.
Ride lots!

maquisard

by maquisard

C36

by C36

MisterNoChain wrote:If Moscon was French or a domestique for Bardet he would never been excluded, we all know that.
Well at best that’s ignorance, at worse some sort of racism.
First the uci decides exclusions, not ASO, form last year Sagan’s saga you should know it. Then Bardet got excluded from Paris nice from using a car to pull him... funny to see conspirations against sky when Froome case got resolved in an extremely blurry manner...

TonyM

by TonyM

Snabb wrote:Image

I want to believe goddammit!

Sorry to ask but who is the one on the right picture?
Froome? If yes, what year???

bilwit

by bilwit

TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 am
Froome at the 2009 Worlds. Biggest thing for me isn't dropping tons of weight before 2011, it's that he was literal garbage in every race in 2011 up until the Vuelta after being informed they were thinking about not renewing his contract. Then he became an all world climber and placed 2nd in the TT behind Tony Martin.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

bilwit wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 am
TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 am
Froome at the 2009 Worlds. Biggest thing for me isn't dropping tons of weight before 2011, it's that he was literal garbage in every race in 2011 up until the Vuelta after being informed they were thinking about not renewing his contract. Then he became an all world climber and placed 2nd in the TT behind Tony Martin.
I'm sure you are right that he was garbage, but he did finish 2nd in the national TT behind Wiggins in 2010 (and Thomas got 3rd btw).

AJS914

by AJS914

So how does a low ranked rider on the verge of losing his contract magically turn it around? I'm sure that a sophisticated doping program that passes every test requires extensive resources.

Surely if Sky had these magical drugs they would have given them to him all along, right?

He flies off to South Africa and finds some magical undetectible elixer? Maybe whatever he's taken isn't even illegal because the rest of the world doesn't even know it exists.

Or maybe he had a 90 VO2 max all along but lost the weight. Sure, it wouldn't surprise me if TUEs and/or illegal cortisone were involved along the way to get to a low body fast percentage. It also wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the peloton has played those same games.

by Weenie

LeDuke

by LeDuke

AJS914 wrote:So how does a low ranked rider on the verge of losing his contract magically turn it around? I'm sure that a sophisticated doping program that passes every test requires extensive resources.

Surely if Sky had these magical drugs they would have given them to him all along, right?

He flies off to South Africa and finds some magical undetectible elixer? Maybe whatever he's taken isn't even illegal because the rest of the world doesn't even know it exists.

Or maybe he had a 90 VO2 max all along but lost the weight. Sure, it wouldn't surprise me if TUEs and/or illegal cortisone were involved along the way to get to a low body fast percentage. It also wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the peloton has played those same games.
If he had a 90mL/kg/min VO2 at 76kg, and weighs 66kg now, he’d have a VO2 of 103 now, assuming no loss in power.

I’d like to see pictures of him during his, um, transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk