2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

IchDien

by IchDien

Is a bit crazy!

by Weenie

mentok

by mentok

Sock discipline in those CT photos is fantastic.

AJS914

by AJS914

Amstel today:

Sagan seems to be telling the bunch that he's not chasing down any attacks. Him not chasing Valgren and then slowing and motioning for someone else to take up the chase gave Valgren the gap he needed.

And why did Kreuzinger come around Valgren with 400M to go (with Valgren motioning him with an elbow for the last 50-100M)? He lost for sure when he came around.

ave

by ave

I think he wanted to avoid finishing 3rd. :)

IchDien

by IchDien

It was an odd one, maybe he overestimated the chasers.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Maybe they thought that with his P-R win, he'd go back to pulling them to the line for a few races. :lol:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Rondje wrote:2nd year in a row that the Amstel Gold final doesn’t dissapoint without the Cauberg as last climb. There is still hope for attractive Ardenne classics.
Definitely one of the best finales of the year with all the big guns there. Teamwork wins it in the day, Fugs with a great set up and Valgren with a terrific finish. I had him down for a big Flanders surprise (4th) but he got the big one here. Great dude, glad to see his success.

Kreuziger was worried about Gasparotto taking his 2nd place, he has zero sprint so was never going to win against anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultyguy

by ultyguy

micky wrote:All the winners of the bigger Classics (Sanremo/Flanders/Roubaix) were wearing a skinsuit so far.

Those number on Sagan looks almost like slided inside some kind of pockets.

The WT races all have numbers with adhesive on the back so don’t have to be pinned on. But yes, his numbers look especially different than Dillier in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Seems like Sportful have come up with mesh (?) number pockets.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

ooo

by ooo

Amstel gifs:

Breakaway and last Sagan pulls 1.5km before finish:
gif link

Sagan sipping water 800m before finish:
gif link
'

TuplaO

by TuplaO

I took note of Sagan's sip as well. It seemed weirdly deliberate to have a bottle at that point in the first place; and he actually took a sip!

peted76

by peted76

TuplaO wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 pm
I took note of Sagan's sip as well. It seemed weirdly deliberate to have a bottle at that point in the first place; and he actually took a sip!
I've noticed Sags does that a lot. When he should be breathing out of his ears, he'll just drop off the front or out of 'effort' with a tactical chug on a water bottle.
"Yep nothing to see here, I'm fine, just chugging on my water bottle, gotta keep hydrated, hey look at you bozos with for sure the heavy breathing and rocking from side to side, when here's me chugging away just cruising backwards.. nothing to see here but a world champ you'd better watch out for.. feeling fine.. "
LOL

Multebear

by Multebear

Sagz chugging water in the finale is pure tactics. He's telling the other guys, that he's not going to open that sprint no matter what. They might as well go ahead and give him that leadout.

spud

by spud

given that he just won PR the week before, he doesn't have to do anyone any favors and pull them to the line.

maquisard

by maquisard

Daniel Friebe Retweeted EL PAÍS Deportes

El País report: former US Postal doctor Luis García del Moral told the Court of Arbitration for Sport in 2016 that Michele Ferrari helped "prepare" Spanish cyclists for the '96 Atlanta Olympics.

Interesting in that Indurain and Olano took gold and silver in the men's individual TT. It also lays bare the fantasy that Indurain won the Tour de France clean.

by Weenie