2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

ave wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:29 am
Did anybody saw a closer picture of the bibs in Roubaix?
You mean the dossards?

Yeah I saw that on the Tv coverage but wasn't entirely sure - looks like they definitely were printed.

Tbh I've been wondering for years why the biggest races don't do that.

by Weenie

Frolle

by Frolle

wingguy wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:05 am
ave wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:29 am
Did anybody saw a closer picture of the bibs in Roubaix?
You mean the dossards?

Yeah I saw that on the Tv coverage but wasn't entirely sure - looks like they definitely were printed.

Tbh I've been wondering for years why the biggest races don't do that.

I think the jersey has pockets with see-through material. Just like we see on a lot of TT-suits. At this picture it looks like the number is wrinkled inside the "pocket"

micky

by micky

All the winners of the bigger Classics (Sanremo/Flanders/Roubaix) were wearing a skinsuit so far.

Those number on Sagan looks almost like slided inside some kind of pockets.

yinya

by yinya

The Danish Castelli/Sportful ex-pro Bausager also made a comment about a new type of jersey for Peter but not clearwhat he referred to

https://instagram.com/p/BhT2T1HF9Jk/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ave

by ave

Uh, yes, of course I meant the dossards.
Strange that I didn't found any information about them, while clearly it's a big change.

glepore

by glepore

Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Wookski

by Wookski

micky wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:32 am
All the winners of the bigger Classics (Sanremo/Flanders/Roubaix) were wearing a skinsuit so far.

Those number on Sagan looks almost like slided inside some kind of pockets.
I personally think skin suits have no place in racing outside of time trials. More emphasis needs to be placed on maintaining a classic aesthetic to avoid the infiltration of triathlete style- it’s a slippery slope.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Wookski wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:10 am
I personally think skin suits have no place in racing outside of time trials. More emphasis needs to be placed on maintaining a classic aesthetic to avoid the infiltration of triathlete style- it’s a slippery slope.
Road suites are cool. Skin suits are for TT.

micky

by micky

Wookski wrote:

If you're talking of ankle height socks, compression "things" or long fingers gloves for that matter, Im totally with you.

Wookski

by Wookski

micky wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 am
Wookski wrote:

If you're talking of ankle height socks, compression "things" or long fingers gloves for that matter, Im totally with you.
Bibs attached to a jersey is taking it too far! Like I said- it’s a slippery slope :lol:

blaugrana

by blaugrana

micky wrote:
Wookski wrote:

Add to the list those extremely high aero socks that are now so common in track cycling. Some are so high that they aren't even UCI legal (as far as I know the sock height rule still applies), but the commissars don't seem to care.

Take a look at these pictures if you think that I'm overreacting: https://cyclingtips.com/2018/04/photo-g ... lth-games/
Last edited by blaugrana on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

mrgray wrote:yes what sort of kit is he in? is it a skinsuit? that bike is in poor taste in my opinion. the gold is terribly gauche. also roval wheels make me sick. those sunglasses look very good though (and a million times better than the previous model he was wearing).
Make you sick?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

mrgray makes me sick

Rondje

by Rondje

2nd year in a row that the Amstel Gold final doesn’t dissapoint without the Cauberg as last climb. There is still hope for attractive Ardenne classics.

by Weenie

jooo

by jooo

Wookski wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:54 am
micky wrote:
Wookski wrote:

Bibs attached to a jersey is taking it too far! Like I said- it’s a slippery slope :lol:
blaugrana wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:18 am
Add to the list those extremely high aero socks that are now so common in track cycling. Some are so high that they aren't even UCI legal (as far as I know the sock height rule still applies), but the commissars don't seem to care.

Take a look at these pictures if you think that I'm overreacting: https://cyclingtips.com/2018/04/photo-g ... lth-games/
Get off my lawn!