2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

AJS914 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:01 pm
The rules say he should be there.

I've been rewatching since Froome attacked. Really, today was Dumoulin vs Froome. Dumoulin got hardly any help. The FDJ guys did a little bit but everybody else mostly sat on his wheel.

Froome also smoked them on the descents. Is there a drug that makes you the best decender?

I say Kudos to Froome.

what did he coast ? enough said
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

so now we are going to have the Froome Slam... tainted and all. Go domylawn!
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Rondje

by Rondje

George Bennet’s reaction: https://twitter.com/LottoJumbo_road/sta ... 0489286662
Even riders don’t hide their opinion anymore.

liam7020

by liam7020

ave wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 pm
So, a new era it is.
Must be my problem, but froome made me sad.

If it was 1993, probably I'd think otherwise, but today...
That's the word I been searching for since stage end - sad. Froome's a complete con-man. After the charade of soft pedalling all spring I didn't honestly think he'd have the nerve to carry this pretence all the way to the top of the podium. Suppose he had to do something for his million start money.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Rob81

by Rob81

https://www.strava.com/activities/1595260279
he just won the Strava "name and # activity" of the day :D #strangerthings
PS similar tone/comments on other feeds, e.g. Dennis's Twitter
Last edited by Rob81 on Fri May 25, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liam7020

by liam7020

Rondje wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:17 pm
George Bennet’s reaction: https://twitter.com/LottoJumbo_road/sta ... 0489286662
Even riders don’t hide their opinion anymore.
Priceless - that speaks volumes!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Wellens asked about Froome's Giro start said: "9 outta 10 riders will tell you he shouldn't be here". so riders do have opinion now - but what difference does it make really? all emotions aside, people love spectacle and they just got a mindblowing one.

is there a way to eliminate cheaters? IMHO if there was, those 9 out of 10 would be gone. so there's that :?
"
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

liam7020

by liam7020

But it's not a spectacle because we know Froome's stunt today was total bollocks.

NilesCrane

by NilesCrane

I don't get the extremely sour grapes. Much of that time gap came off the risky descending of Froome and the rather poor descending of the chasers. Also TD sat up twice to wait for Pinot.

I get why you guys dislike Froome, but come on.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Because I have grown tired of all the doping bullshit, I only have to say this: In the western civilized world, everyone is INNOCENT until proven guilty, not the other way around.... so the problem I have with all of you that so easily, not only accuse, but have gone all the way to convict so many athletes, so many people that day in-day out put everything they got to do what they do, I can only say that you disgust me as human beigns, and you should seriously consider going to live in a cave away from the rest of us, and most importantlly, away from the internet.....
To clarify, everybody is entitled to have an opinion on any matter, and that opinion might be informed or not, but only a few have the right to judge and condemn people, for example wada is in charge of finding and persecuting the dopers, not someone sitting on a couch watching the Giro who happens to have a connection to the internet....understood??? You have every right to believe that "because those times up that climb are impossible" or whatever excuse you have, that they are all dopers, criminals or whatever, but you do not have any right to condemn people, so SHUT UP!!!!...
If I am not mistaken, this thread is supposed to be free of doping speculation, only dopind that has been OFFICIALLY proven is allowed to be talked about,correct? that is why I wrote all this...if I am mistaken, please inform me and I will leave.

Hardstyle

by Hardstyle

smartyiak wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:55 pm
mike wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm
Wow big balls for froome e. Reminds me of the contacdor of old
Or Floyd! :D
ahaha nice

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

seaneT1 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 pm
Because I have grown tired of all the doping bullshit, I only have to say this: In the western civilized world, everyone is INNOCENT until proven guilty, not the other way around.... so the problem I have with all of you that so easily, not only accuse, but have gone all the way to convict so many athletes, so many people that day in-day out put everything they got to do what they do, I can only say that you disgust me as human beigns, and you should seriously consider going to live in a cave away from the rest of us, and most importantlly, away from the internet.....
To clarify, everybody is entitled to have an opinion on any matter, and that opinion might be informed or not, but only a few have the right to judge and condemn people, for example wada is in charge of finding and persecuting the dopers, not someone sitting on a couch watching the Giro who happens to have a connection to the internet....understood??? You have every right to believe that "because those times up that climb are impossible" or whatever excuse you have, that they are all dopers, criminals or whatever, but you do not have any right to condemn people, so SHUT UP!!!!...
If I am not mistaken, this thread is supposed to be free of doping speculation, only dopind that has been OFFICIALLY proven is allowed to be talked about,correct? that is why I wrote all this...if I am mistaken, please inform me and I will leave.

whatevs...
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

geez some people just cant withstand the tension...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

wingguy

by wingguy

liam7020 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:19 pm
That's the word I been searching for since stage end - sad. Froome's a complete con-man. After the charade of soft pedalling all spring I didn't honestly think he'd have the nerve to carry this pretence all the way to the top of the podium. Suppose he had to do something for his million start money.
Charade of soft pedalling? How does that make any sense at all? If we assume he is doping why would he then decide to create a scenario where he had to pull a massive ride like this out of nowhere, seemingly specifically tailored to make people even more suspicious of him than they were already?

Multebear

by Multebear

@seaneT1;

The thing with Froome is, that he had two weeks in the giro where he got dropped in the mountains or barely made it. And now in week three, he is the fastest?? Riding solo for 80 k with some of the best climbers in the world chasing him with no success?? Distancing the rest of the GC with between 3:30 and 9 minutes??

That is very suspicious.

SKY has a history of pushing those marginal gaines a bit too far, and that inludes Froome....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com