2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Froome 3 seconds ahead of pink jersey on a single stage, and suddenly all the haters are at it again. If he outdid everyone by minutes today, I might understand, but 3 seconds? Come on.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

No no, not for me. Today was nothing special, Froome is a good climber. I hate the silly rules, not just Froome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Can froome e make the biggest comeback?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

AJS914 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:39 pm
Daniel1975 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:18 pm
Froome shouldn’t even be here!
He should still be banned, but the silly rules allow him to race.

No, the info shouldn't have leaked and Salbuamol shouldn't have been the focal point of cycling for the last six months.
No it should have been handled before the leak.... the leak probably happened because obviously the froomster was getting special treatment and the leaker didn't like it.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

ave

by ave

Dumoulin would have won this Giro from this deficit against last year's opponents, but I don't think it will happen against yates.
Strange, lately I was wishing for shorter TT stages in grand tours, now I wish there were 80+ km...

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

mike wrote:Can froome e make the biggest comeback?
No. Nibali did it already.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

TonyM

by TonyM

Incredible how Froome has won this stage being suddenly the best climber of this world. Not sure how he is doing that but impressive to beat Yates & Co. just like that.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

lol he won by 3 seconds. by the look on his face (compared to Yates') that didn't come cheap and he might as well lose time tomorrow - again.

Big Tom looks good, he manages the losses very well, and it's likely either him or Yates at this point.
'
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

REGICYCLE

by REGICYCLE

tymon_tm wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 pm
lol he won by 3 seconds. by the look on his face (compared to Yates') that didn't come cheap and he might as well lose time tomorrow - again.

Big Tom looks good, he manages the losses very well, and it's likely either him or Yates at this point.
'
Yep, it wouldn't surprise me to see Froome loose another chunk of time tomorrow

wingguy

by wingguy

What if it was some other 5 time Grand Tour winner who'd been struggling with the aftereffects of a heavy crash then regained his form after two easy(ish) sprint stages?

Anyway, that was a brilliant days racing. So good to see a full on GC fight on such a tough climb. Really finely poised between Yates and Dumoulin. Yates isn't taking huge chunks but there's still a decent kick to the finish tomorrow, then stages 18, 19 and 20 are a huge block of climbing. If Yates keeps putting a bit of time into TD on every uphill finish then he'll win, but if TD can cross the line with him on just one or two of those stages he'll probably have enough in the bag after the TT.

It's going to be a hell of a contest.

ooo

by ooo

Mountain Bike World Cup @ Albstadt, Germany

XCC (with results)
race-recap-xcc
xcc-men-pov

XCO (in a few hours)
live video
track-explanation
'

themidge

by themidge

Froome is already 3mins 10 behind at this point, no way is he coming back from that. He's clearly just having a good go when he wants, and not when he doesn't/can't. He is looking better now than he was though, he basically rode everyone off his wheel...
I want Yates to win, he still seems like the underdog at this stage of the race.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I would not mind Yates... but I still like Domylawn more..

congrats 4 Bernal @ TOC
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

As a TT guy, I like Dumoulin. I was happy to see him power his way to the end last year, limit his losses and excel at the TT. I'd be happy if he did it back to back. I'd also be happy if Yates can pull it off. I like Michelton-Scott as a team, and have been a fan of the backstage pass videos for as long as I've been watching cycling, which isn't long, but as someone who got into cycling in the post-Lance era, I was hesitant to want to root for anyone. The OGE/Michelton-Scott gang has grown on me. The videos show their personalities and that they're always supporting each other and working for the good of the team.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

Froome was impressive, especially when you consider the lead up, crashes, pressure and negativity. Regardless of whether you like him or not he deserves credit for the effort he made. This race is still wide open with some big mountain stages plus the TT to come. *f##k* I love the Giro.