2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Calnago wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm
bruno2000 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/movistarteam/? ... qPentkRCWR

Valverde's bike with new Campagnolo Super Record eps 12 speed.
If you look closely, and correct me if I'm wrong, he is still on the older version of the Bora wheels with black pads.
If you search for pictures of the Il Lombardia race 2018 he is also on the older Bora's with black pads.
Or maybe just a coincidence?
I’ve never seen him on the “old” Boras. You’re not confusing the new WTO Boras with the Bora Ultras are you? Different wheels. One isn’t superseded by the other. And I’ve never noticed anyone running anything but the Campy Red pads on Boras.
https://www.velonews.com/2018/12/bikes- ... ike_481966

This was his bike at Il Lombardia.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ Bruno2000: Ah, I think I see what you might mean now. You mean those might not be the rims with the newest “AC3” brake track? I thought you were referring to the model before they went with external nipples. Very possible, but between the AC3 brake track and the previous I could use either and not be disappointed. And perhaps those are the blue Campy pads?... but it’s hard to really see the details in either in those photos. Or perhaps those were the newly designed World Champion graphics and they were just on for the photo shoot and they really didn’t care what pads were in there for that. Don’t know. It said the bike was handed to him “after” he won the event in the caption.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Antoine

by Antoine

Things are looking good for Warbasse : http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tra ... -mondiale/

"We'd been looking for an anglo-saxon rider for the past few years, because we want to open up a little," Lavenu explains. "We're a French-registered team, but we're not a purely French team – we want to be an international team. Often there's the impression that Americans, Australians and Englishmen look at us and think, 'No, that's a French team – I don't want to be there. It's too French, and no one speaks English.' We're fighting against that. It's a shame because, although I know I don't speak English, pretty much all the riders do, and the anglo riders who have come here have felt comfortable. So we need to break down that perception, and I think Larry can help us do that."

Sacke

by Sacke

Caleb Ewans bike flirting with the UCI rule of handlebars not being lower than the top of the tire.

Riding too close the guy next to him may result in some knuckle rubbing against the tires.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Sacke wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:36 pm
Caleb Ewans bike flirting with the UCI rule of handlebars not being lower than the top of the tire.

Riding too close the guy next to him may result in some knuckle rubbing against the tires.
Surely there's some morphological exemption to that rule as there often is with other UCI regs.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I didn’t even know that was a rule TBH, makes sense though. Bike looks totally different (shite) in that size and without the integrated stem :(

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

At least on the track there’s no exemptions and handlebars must be above tire.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

spud

by spud

Sacke wrote:

Jeez, I never thought of that, that's no joke! Imagine sailing into a turn, the guy on the inside drifts out a tiny bit and lifts your entire front end off the ground in a split second.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:01 pm
Sacke wrote:

Surely there's some morphological exemption to that rule as there often is with other UCI regs.
There's no morphological exemption (those pretty much only exist for horizontal setup aspects), but actually the top of the tire isn't the rule. 10cm below the top of the tire is the rule.

Ewan's bike may look radical, but surprisingly enough it's nowhere close to the limit.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Karvalo wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:57 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:01 pm
Sacke wrote:

There's no morphological exemption (those pretty much only exist for horizontal setup aspects), but actually the top of the tire isn't the rule. 10cm below the top of the tire is the rule.

Ewan's bike may look radical, but surprisingly enough it's nowhere close to the limit.
That makes more sense. Cheers.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

The thing is now I'm wondering what a bike that's on that limit would look like. With a modern compact bar shape the stem would be close to touching the top of the tyre. I'd love to see a mockup, it would be gloriously bonkers!

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Sacke wrote:

Wow his legs must be really short.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The rest of him is really short too.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

165cm 5'4"
Using Tapatalk

Geoff

by Geoff

Did you guys happen to watch the Namur Round? Yolanda Neff! :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components