2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

Let me re-phrase- not all B level pros are bad, but that race seems to carry a winner's curse with it.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:56 am
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm
Daniel1975 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm
CX on silver and bronze. Trentin being best sprinter on gold.
Brillant to see those 2 on the podium.
So I guess MVDP is not riding the UCI XCO World Cup race in Canada today, then. I was wondering if he would be on the start line to extend his streak of third place finishes but it seems it is back to the day job now - road racing to get his legs ready for the CX season which is shortly to begin.
Wouldn't a 1 1/2 hour XC race be better training for CX than a road race?
Perhaps, though the road racing would surely give him much greater volume. Who knows? I was just musing about why he might have skipped the MTB XCO for the Euro champs road race.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Kuss' performance at Utah is HUGE. It's not a HUGE race, but he did dominate it... his career arc seems to be going in the right direction. Hopefully it continues to go that way, but I also understand that it can be hard to move over to the Europosean races and stand out and continue to dominate.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Sepp had some decent rivals (Haig for example) for the overall and/or stage wins, which he easily topped, that are also going to La Vuelta later, so things might get clearer there, where the competion will be way higher and and most of the competitors will be on another level aswell. Until then, we have to admit that his performance looked impressive!

maquisard

by maquisard

Tony Martin leaving Katusha-Alpecin to Lotto-NL. This is a surprise given the strong German links to the team with both Alpecin and Canyon.

On the other hand good to see Lotto-NL getting stronger.

Rondje

by Rondje

seaneT1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am
Sepp had some decent rivals (Haig for example) for the overall and/or stage wins, which he easily topped, that are also going to La Vuelta later, so things might get clearer there, where the competion will be way higher and and most of the competitors will be on another level aswell. Until then, we have to admit that his performance looked impressive!
Won't expect too much of him in the Vuelta tho, most likely to work for Bennet and possibly Kruijswijk (depending on his ambitions) there.

Rondje

by Rondje

maquisard wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am
Tony Martin leaving Katusha-Alpecin to Lotto-NL. This is a surprise given the strong German links to the team with both Alpecin and Canyon.

On the other hand good to see Lotto-NL getting stronger.
I'm wondering what kind of financial injection Jumbo is giving them for next year. Some strong signings, also with V Aert for the year after.

themidge

by themidge

On the GCN racing news show, Dan said that Nibbles will be at the Vuelta. I was under the impression that he won't, can anybody clear this up?

maquisard

by maquisard

He announced two days ago he would be there

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vincenz ... -a-espana/

Antoine

by Antoine

Another winning sprint for QS, whatever the leadout man and the sprinter.
Senechal has never done a leadout before moving to QS , Jakobsen has now 4 wins for his first year as a pro.

Looks easy, why others teams (notably Katusha) are not able to do that ?

Senechal moving to the left with Jakobsen taking his wheel, before leading him out to the 200m mark :

https://youtu.be/uAJ0aGUiBI4?t=32

micky

by micky

Tom Pidcock left Telenet for something called TPR (Tom Pidcock Racing?) registered in UK with 3 riders including him.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

kuss was making the dudes at utah look like recreation riders....

with all this transfer talk. i wonder where joe D will end up.... or morton ..... or cavendish....

peted76

by peted76

Quick Step Floors DS -Patrick Lefevere looking for a title sponsor!
I presume he's looking for a bigger cash investment than QS or Lidl are prepared to give.. however it begs the question, why don't the 'best team in the world' hands down have a decent enough sales team to find sponsors? Surely you'd just target the top 100 stock exchange companies for this kind of investment?

AJS914

by AJS914

You'd think they'd have 10 companies ready to be the title sponser!

I liked Kuss' old school 5 mile out attack on the Snowbird climb and his climbing in the drops Pantani style.

KWalker

by KWalker

I can see Joe D and Morton calling it quits. Joe is smart and could easily go back to school and do something else. It is apparent that despite talent he is never going to be a major player and doesn't even seem to do much as a domestique. Morton's head is more in it than he used to be, but he hasn't had great luck or managed to do much yet. I can see him staying at the Pro Tour level for another year or two in a support role or calling it quits. Cav I could see signing a 2 year contract and pulling a swan song to hopefully get the record number of Tour stage wins.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com