2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

guyc

by guyc

Has Tejay ever been able to hold the wheel of a proper climber?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

with Tejay... who knows? I want hi to do well, I continously pick him in fantasy leagues, but he always lets me down. I hope he can hold one today, but I think it will depend on the specifics of the climb. He seems to do better on climbs that have onsistent gradient, where he can get on the power and stay steady. If it changes pitch to much, he seems to suffer, which is also why he seems to struggle when climbers attack/rest and then attack again. If the climb today is steady and bernal attacks and then attacks again and again and he can hold steady, i think he'll do ok, bu if the climb is pitchy and Bernal keeps attacking, then we could see an explosion. I can't knock Tejay though... I'm the same way, I can ahng with the climbers in my lcoal ride group on steady climbs, but if it goes up like steps, they put a hurting on me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

>I'm not sure that Gaviria quite has the full top end speed
Well, Sagan was in his slipstream, and when Gaviria launched his sprint, he just got further and further back.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

don't get me wrong... Gaviria is fast, but to me, it seems that his real strangth is being to to sustain speed for a longer than the other sprinters. I wonder if it comes from his track experience. I'm always amazed when I watch some of the sprints in track racing that go for almost 2 full laps, building speed.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

It never ceases to amaze me, just how badly NBC sports can bungle up the brodcasting of the TOC race... today, the queen stage of the race, what will bsically decide the GC and they're not broadcasting, 5 eastern, when everyone will be over the big climb, coming down.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 pm
It never ceases to amaze me, just how badly NBC sports can bungle up the brodcasting of the TOC race... today, the queen stage of the race, what will bsically decide the GC and they're not broadcasting, 5 eastern, when everyone will be over the big climb, coming down.
because they know that climb means nothing... the one they just finished. The last 20k or so matters
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

bilwit

by bilwit

motorbikes blatantly leading out the peleton and/or break in every stage of ToC, even sitting 1 bike length in front for long periods of time :lol:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

watching todays ToC stage I'm having flashbacks of that Kevin Costner cycling flick...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

bilwit

by bilwit

tejay already isolated 17kms out, maybe there will be some fireworks :shock:

bilwit

by bilwit

aand there it is, going to be a close finish. Tejay needs to stay patient and TT his way up there.. Bernal COULD make this stick from 15k out BUT 23 seconds is decent breathing room for Tejay so long as he doesn't blow up..

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Bernal should be DQed for wearing those stupid gloves
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

ave

by ave

>BUT 23 seconds is decent breathing room for Tejay
Not against Bernal, it seems. What a talent this youngster is! It was amazing.

bilwit

by bilwit

ave wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 pm
>BUT 23 seconds is decent breathing room for Tejay
Not against Bernal, it seems. What a talent this youngster is! It was amazing.
yeah... wow. What can you say? He OBLITERATED the field on the penultimate climb and only increased the gap.. what a monster. I thought they'd make it close on the descent and on the run up but once he was out of sight it was game over

It felt like Tejay should have chilled out and not tried to follow every move but not sure if it mattered in the end, Bernal crushed it

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Super strong showing from Bernal this week... he looks impressive. He needs to work a little bit on his TT before hes GT worthy, but he's close. Also impressed by Mcnulty... if he hadn't that flat in the TT, he'd be in it. Kind of surprirsed that Majka hasn't been mroe of a factor and Yates seems to be coming along after his injury, getting better each day.

Wookski

by Wookski

Yawn, Tejay is so boring. Bernal has dominated these second tier climbers and I’m keen to see how he shapes up against the very best. Ridiculous talent for a 21 year old.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com