2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Rondje wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:25 pm
maquisard wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 pm
Hopefully Froome will be there, realistically it is one of his few (maybe only!) remaining chances to be World Champion. Any word on Dumoulin’s attendance?
From what I've read in the Dutch news he will attend all 3 disciplines (TTT, TT, RR) and is most likely to only ride the Deutschland Tour as preparation.
I thought they got rid of TTT

bilwit

by bilwit

maquisard wrote:
Hopefully Froome will be there, realistically it is one of his few (maybe only!) remaining chances to be World Champion. Any word on Dumoulin’s attendance?
idk if he'll contest it though, he might sit up the whole time like he did at Rio

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:45 pm
Rondje wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:25 pm
maquisard wrote:
From what I've read in the Dutch news he will attend all 3 disciplines (TTT, TT, RR) and is most likely to only ride the Deutschland Tour as preparation.
I thought they got rid of TTT
in 2019, this year is the last TTT. But somewhere I've read something about a possible country ttt with mixed men and women.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2019-wo ... nal-teams/
I'd love to see that. Van Dijk, Van Vleuten, Van Der Breggen, Dumoulin, Kelderman and van Baarle together.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

CX on silver and bronze. Trentin being best sprinter on gold.
Brillant to see those 2 on the podium.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Daniel1975 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm
So I guess MVDP is not riding the UCI XCO World Cup race in Canada today, then. I was wondering if he would be on the start line to extend his streak of third place finishes but it seems it is back to the day job now - road racing to get his legs ready for the CX season which is shortly to begin.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Daniel1975 wrote:
So I guess MVDP is not riding the UCI XCO World Cup race in Canada today, then. I was wondering if he would be on the start line to extend his streak of third place finishes but it seems it is back to the day job now - road racing to get his legs ready for the CX season which is shortly to begin.
He’s been racing on the road between XCO races all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rondje

by Rondje

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm
Daniel1975 wrote:
He is going to ride the Arctic race of Norway next, but it wouldn't surprise me if he'd be at the world championship of XCO before going back to CX.
16-09 is the first CX world cup race in Iowa so it should fit in his calendar.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Sepp Kuss looking real impressive in the Tour of Utah.... wow! I've been following him since about June 2016 when I was out in Boulder and he was taking Strava KOM's from the pros on a bunch of the big climbs in that area. He's made a steady progression over the last 2 seasons.

REGICYCLE

by REGICYCLE

Elsewhere... The first person to 'everest' on Mt Everest! Chapeau

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/08/chinese ... t-everest/

Wookski

by Wookski

Daniel1975 wrote:
A great win for Trentin, especially after such a disappointing season. Hopefully this is the start of his resurgence!

KWalker

by KWalker

Kuss looking impressive in a field of B riders doing some race miles before the Vuelta. Hopefully he doesn't have the same curse as other winners of the race who have gone on to do almost zippo since:
-Jeff Louder
-Mancebo, fell off the face of the earth shortly thereafter
-Levi, forever the B level hero.
-Johan Tschopp- who?
-Tom D- so much hype, so much not delivering on it.
-Joe D- I'd be surprised to see him race next year.
-Lachlan Morton- Sounds like bad luck, but yet to see him rebound on a higher level
-Rob Britton- I dunno how it's fun to keep gunning for the status of Biggest Fish in a Weak-Ass pond for so long.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Daniel1975 wrote:
Wouldn't a 1 1/2 hour XC race be better training for CX than a road race?

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Daniel1975 wrote:
Wouldn't a 1 1/2 hour XC race be better training for CX than a road race?

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Man, you guys are so hard on B level pros. What you don't realize is it's not that bad a gig. Not everyone aspires to be a TDF winner or classics champion. Some are happy to be paid to do what they love and be part of the club while having the time to also live a real life.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:01 am
Man, you guys are so hard on B level pros. What you don't realize is it's not that bad a gig. Not everyone aspires to be a TDF winner or classics champion. Some are happy to be paid to do what they love and be part of the club while having the time to also live a real life.
He's just saying what every aspiring racer knows and experiences. You have a level and even if you're top-dog on yours, it's so hard to reach the next one and keep it there.

Talent, sure. But is it enough? Time will tell.