2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

seaneT1

by seaneT1

This years Giro route looks really epic, and probably will lead to more explosive racing than the TDF this year, since the route of the Tour has little TT kms, and all the contenders will probably once again watch each others wheels at the mountains, while on the Giro, the GC will always be liquid because of the TTs, and so there will be many contenders on the backfoot, going on the attack whenever they can. Let us hope for an even better route anouncement from La Vuelta, and we are up for another exciting season ahead of us!!! :D

Guerdi

by Guerdi

I am really curious about stage 13 up to Ceresole Reale (Nivolet). The Giro's site says that "The route takes the renewed “old road”, with steep gradients topping out at 14/15%. ". I have been there last year and had no idea there was an alternative road to Lago Serru. Really thrilled about that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

seaneT1 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:04 pm
This years Giro route looks really epic, and probably will lead to more explosive racing than the TDF this year, since the route of the Tour has little TT kms, and all the contenders will probably once again watch each others wheels at the mountains, while on the Giro, the GC will always be liquid because of the TTs, and so there will be many contenders on the backfoot, going on the attack whenever they can. Let us hope for an even better route anouncement from La Vuelta, and we are up for another exciting season ahead of us!!! :D
Hi, great point about the TT distance. Sounds like Dumoulin isn't going to the Giro and probably not Froome. Must be very tempting for Thomas and Roglic, they could be the best TTers in the GC field by a country mile.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

bilwit wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Paris-Roubaix 2014, Thomas and Wiggins had the numbers in the break and one of them was supposed to follow Terpstra's winning attack yet they both just sat on with Cancellara. They had the legs and not the brains, as always with Team Sky in one day races.
giant also had two and wiggins just came off an attack. Not sure any of us can assume a rider has 'the legs' at the end of roubaix. IIRC wiggins facial expression was more of :? than freshness....

Rondje

by Rondje

Not sure if it fits here since it's not pro cycling, but it's offseason so CX should have a place. Thibau Nys showing his bike skills on the stairs: https://twitter.com/cyclocross24/status ... 4258209792

basilic

by basilic

Guerdi wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:12 pm
I am really curious about stage 13 up to Ceresole Reale (Nivolet). The Giro's site says that "The route takes the renewed “old road”, with steep gradients topping out at 14/15%. ". I have been there last year and had no idea there was an alternative road to Lago Serru. Really thrilled about that.
I bet they mean the old road that bypasses the tunnel between Noasca and Ceresole Reale. If they fixed it that would be very good news for cyclists, that tunnel is brutal.
Highly recommended climb.

Vermu

by Vermu

Rondje wrote:Not sure if it fits here since it's not pro cycling, but it's offseason so CX should have a place. Thibau Nys showing his bike skills on the stairs: https://twitter.com/cyclocross24/status ... 4258209792
Really excited to see another Nys on cc scene. Looks promising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the kennington kaiser

by the kennington kaiser

basilic wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm
Guerdi wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:12 pm
I bet they mean the old road that bypasses the tunnel between Noasca and Ceresole Reale. If they fixed it that would be very good news for cyclists, that tunnel is brutal.
^^^^^^
This is correct. That tunnel slightly spoils what is an otherwise glorious climb. One of the most beautiful out there.

Rondje

by Rondje

Vermu wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:16 pm
Rondje wrote:Not sure if it fits here since it's not pro cycling, but it's offseason so CX should have a place. Thibau Nys showing his bike skills on the stairs: https://twitter.com/cyclocross24/status ... 4258209792
Really excited to see another Nys on cc scene. Looks promising!
On the technical part he seems really good, but what you expect when you grow up around CX, just look at MvdP, the same story with his father and also technically brilliant. I hope he can match the expectations, guess it won't be easy when your father is Sven Nys.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Anyone got a replay link for Koppenbergcross?

Guerdi

by Guerdi

basilic wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 pm
It makes sense. That road was totally closed last year in August, certainly for refection purposes.

The tunnel spoils the fun, so true. Long, steep, noisy and not great at all for your health.

If in Ceresole Reale, there is such a gem of a bakery. Unreal good.

Rondje

by Rondje

dereksmalls wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 pm
Anyone got a replay link for Koppenbergcross?
https://cyclocrosss.com/category/videos/ have it I think.

Rondje

by Rondje

Trek Segafredo 2019 kit:

Willier

by Willier

They will all look like Austrian champions :)

Women`s on the other hand is very nice!

seaneT1

by seaneT1

I really like it, Trek seem to have really nice kit the last few seasons, and as it seems, 2019 is not an exception! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com