2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KWalker wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:43 pm
Maybe people will finally shut up about Froome's riding since he managed to descend better than anyone else on that descent.

My biggest question is if he also wins the Tour, will he go for the triple?
this.

DML played yesterday’s stage tactically kinda bad. I don’t know what the answer should have been, but he was just hemorrhaging time after creating the first climb whilest froome was descending like a man possessed. IMHO the time gap was consistent with what i witnessed unfolding by the chasers. If DML was alone man vs man, simply chasing froome i think DML would be in pink.

yea can u imagine..... he would have won 4 GTs in a row come TDF..... has he even peaked?!?

bilwit

by bilwit

Froome could miraculously win the Tour, Vuelta, Olympics and repeat next year if he wants, that I have no doubt. He is definitely "unbelievable" in more than a few different ways ;)
Last edited by bilwit on Sat May 26, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

To quote Ross Tucker,

"the jiffy bag, the testosterone order, the Kenacort, tramadol, lack of transparency, Leinders etc. "

When will people finally connect the dots?

Packs

by Packs

wingguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:53 pm
It's not either or, there's a whole spectrum there. No-one would have expected them to share equal time with TD and the FdJ pair, but to do absolutely nothing, not even a token pull every 5 or 10 minutes, is a kick in the teeth. It worked for them this week, but they could find a distinct lack of co-operation in any other moves they get in for the next few months :P
More of a stalemate between themselves for the white jersey perhaps. Both in their last year to claim it I believe - why risk that?

Maybe it'll bite them back - it wasn't their Giro to win or loose, it was Tom's, and Pinot's to jump on the podium. Maybe they've got more friends at Bahrain/Sky ;)

NoBlink

by NoBlink

KWalker wrote:My biggest question is if he also wins the Tour, will he go for the triple?
Biggest question is I think is whether he’ll do the tour or whether he is allowed to do the tour from ASO...

If he’ll ride the tour I’d have some serious concerns about the organisation guaranteeing his safety. Think that the “cup of piss” incident would be peanuts compared to the reception he might be given during some stages...

AJS914

by AJS914

maquisard wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:17 pm
To quote Ross Tucker,

"the jiffy bag, the testosterone order, the Kenacort, tramadol, lack of transparency, Leinders etc. "

When will people finally connect the dots?

I'm not a Sky lover by any stretch but why single them out when the whole sport is still dirty? Dumoulin road almost the same on the climbs and lost a lot of time on the descents and waiting for FDJ. He must be doped too. Yates looked doped for the first two weeks. Valverde at 38 is still riding youngsters off his wheel. Sagan pulls off extraordinary feats whenever he wants. Quickstep has a whole team of hired guns that ride people off their wheels....

Wookski

by Wookski

NoBlink wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:25 pm
KWalker wrote:My biggest question is if he also wins the Tour, will he go for the triple?
Biggest question is I think is whether he’ll do the tour or whether he is allowed to do the tour from ASO...

If he’ll ride the tour I’d have some serious concerns about the organisation guaranteeing his safety. Think that the “cup of piss” incident would be peanuts compared to the reception he might be given during some stages...
I can’t see the tour being any less safe than the Giro- plus the negativity seems to motivate Froome.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

The Tifosi cheared for Puffy yesterday, the French won’t. They hate him and his team. I think it is going to be a big difference.
Best is if the finally ban him instead of letting him ride the TdF and ban him after that for 6 months.

maquisard

by maquisard

Froome was booed on the Zoncolan. It was very very noticeable.

Like you say the French hate the African and his disgraced team. He should not be at the Tour de France.

wingguy

by wingguy

maquisard wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:16 pm
Like you say the French hate the African and his disgraced team. He should not be at the Tour de France.
That's ok, your heroic French action man in the UCI president's office is sorting that for you, right? :P
I wonder how long until he becomes the latest recipient of your bile, or if it's just the Brit connected people you single out. :noidea:

Miller

by Miller

maquisard wrote:
If I were French I would not want to be associated with that statement. It doesn't read well.

But I know. For the Froome-haters the butthurt is off the scale.

TonyM

by TonyM

Miller wrote:
maquisard wrote:
If I were French I would not want to be associated with that statement. It doesn't read well.

But I know. For the Froome-haters the butthurt is off the scale.
I suppose it was meant that the French like neither Froome nor the Team Sky.

That was the same with Amstrong and US Postal.....

TonyM

by TonyM

wingguy wrote:
maquisard wrote:
That's ok, your heroic French action man in the UCI president's office is sorting that for you, right? :P
I wonder how long until he becomes the latest recipient of your bile, or if it's just the Brit connected people you single out. :noidea:
Ah the Brits vs. the French etc....that smells like the Brexit again....LOL....

FYI: The UCI has rules which are neither Italian, Spanish, French, Belgian, Dutch etc.....even if sometimes (ha ha) some president have been inclined to favorite their own country....

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 pm
FYI: The UCI has rules which are neither Italian, Spanish, French, Belgian, Dutch etc.....even if sometimes (ha ha) some president have been inclined to favorite their own country....
FYI, go check out Maq's recent posts on the UCI presidency and see if you think he knows that :lol:

peted76

by peted76

I thought today’s stage was a nail biter. TD trying his best but clearly after three weeks he’s cooked, I felt sorry for Pinot, who has had an outstanding season so far. After yesterday’s stage I’m all for Froome, he’s ridden himself into form visibly, I can only presume that the British Cycling four year program so clearly followed for the past 15 years is what sky have perfected, Froome is one of the most versatile leaders we’ve seen for a generation, watching him develop his skills year on year has been noticeable. He will get beaten by Tommy D soon I’m sure, but it’s clear a three week tour demands some serious mileage in the legs and Froome being the oldest has the most and the best team around him. I say, Chapeux!
Hang the AAF and enjoy the spectacle, I’m damn sure that every team is doing their best and their worst to win, some are, I’m sure a bit better at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com