2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

Last edited by wingguy on Sat May 26, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingguy

by wingguy

liam7020 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:29 am
I might be COMPLETELY wrong but here’s what I think’s happening. Froome knows he going to get banned and SKY know he’s going to get banned. Now it’s bad enough to get banned but to get banned and have major palmares like a Giro title stripped away is even worse. So, as much as he would love to be on the top step of the podium in Rome and is also undoubtedly capable of doing so, I don’t believe it’s going to be allowed by SKY.
Nah sorry dude that’s utterly ridiculous, and fails even the most cursory logic test.

If Froome knows he’s going to be banned and didn’t want to win the Giro he would have simply pleaded no contest to the AAF, taken the ban over the winter and could have been back racing free and clear for the Giro, definitely for the Tour.

Now he’s going to throw away the Giro and the Tour / so basically lose an entire season, and not try to win anything even provisionally? Not even a certifiable moron would think that’s a good strategy, and whatever Sky may be they’re not morons.
Last edited by wingguy on Sat May 26, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:13 pm
Yes I did and Reichenbach did work a lot, except in the final climb. As a Domestique this was his job...
And Dumoulin did as much work and more. As best places rider in the group that was his job.

With Reichenbach there his contribution allowed Carapaz and Lopez to shirk any responsibility - they then compounded their anti-contribution by breaking the rythm and disrupting the group on the final climb by attacking full gas then slowing significantly as soon as the other bridged over time and time and time again. The group rides slower when that happens. It’s impossible to keep making or chasing those digs and go as fast as you otherwise would.

TonyM

by TonyM

wingguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:03 pm
TonyM wrote:
Yes I did and Reichenbach did work a lot, except in the final climb. As a Domestique this was his job...
And Dumoulin did as much work and more. As best places rider in the group that was his job.

With Reichenbach there his contribution allowed Carapaz and Lopez to shirk any responsibility - they then compounded their anti-contribution by breaking the rythm and disrupting the group on the final climb by attacking full gas then slowing significantly as soon as the other bridged over time and time and time again. The group rides slower when that happens. It’s impossible to keep making or chasing those digs and go as fast as you otherwise would.
not right....but keep thinking like this...

TonyM

by TonyM

And after today's stage #20 Froome will likely win the Giro!
Hopefully his title will not be taken away ....

TonyM

by TonyM

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:40 pm
TonyM wrote:
wingguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 am
ave wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:09 am
So, TD waited for Pinot/Reichenbach and that's why the lead grew.
How come it did not shrink on the last climb, which he started "rested".
Because he didn't.
TonyM wrote:Reichenbach worked a lot and therefore Dumoulin, Pinot, Carabaz and Lopez were not working that much the whole chase until the last climb.
Come on, did you watch the stage? Dumoulin did more work than Pinot and Reichenbach. Carapaz and Lopez did nothing. Literally not a single turn between them.
Watch the interview post race of Pinot who is thanking him for that!

Here:
https://youtu.be/AECByWAx444
How effective, though, was the work done by Reichenbach? Didn't seem to be that strong.
Just listen to the youtube interview of Pinot....

TonyM

by TonyM

Bad day for Pinot today.....

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Pretty disgusted with Lopez and Carapaz. Seriously cowardly riding. I know the white jersey will still exist in the future, for whatever reason, but I hope it goes the way of the dodo.

Dumoulin, PInot or Reichenbach should have taken those bums off the back early and often.

TonyM

by TonyM

LeDuke wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 pm
Pretty disgusted with Lopez and Carapaz. Seriously cowardly riding.
Yepp I am sure the Peloton knows them now :evil:

TonyM

by TonyM

Wondering what a Poels would achieve if he would be the leader of a team....
What do you think?

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

This thread is chock full of lolz!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm
not right....but keep thinking like this...
That’s not right :roll:
Just listen to Pinot...
That’s what team leaders always say. And Reichenbach did save Pinot from doing a fair bit of work... but Dumoulin did more than Pinot and more than Reichenbach. Look how much more lively Pinot was when they got to the climb than DM.

Packs

by Packs

TonyM wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 pm
LeDuke wrote:
So they work in the valley and get tired then get dropped on the final climb - is that better?

KWalker

by KWalker

Maybe people will finally shut up about Froome's riding since he managed to descend better than anyone else on that descent.

My biggest question is if he also wins the Tour, will he go for the triple?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wingguy

by wingguy

Packs wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:42 pm
TonyM wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 pm
LeDuke wrote:
So they work in the valley and get tired then get dropped on the final climb - is that better?
It's not either or, there's a whole spectrum there. No-one would have expected them to share equal time with TD and the FdJ pair, but to do absolutely nothing, not even a token pull every 5 or 10 minutes, is a kick in the teeth. It worked for them this week, but they could find a distinct lack of co-operation in any other moves they get in for the next few months :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com