2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

Total domination by the dutch elite women in the ITT at the WC (junior women's gold as well).

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Any news on Bernal after his nasty crash? I don’t see him in the Colombian Worlds squad
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Wookski

by Wookski

bikewithnoname wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:40 pm
Any news on Bernal after his nasty crash? I don’t see him in the Colombian Worlds squad
WTF? He’s had 3 facial reconstructive surgeries and a brain bleed, of course he’s not in the squad. His strava activity has picked up but it will be a long road back:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I asked a simple question, I didn’t at any point suggest he would be in the squad, his absence suggested his was still unwell. However his strava suggests he’s actually in a hell of a lot better shape that I expected if he can ride over 800km in a week, which is good news.

Why is everyone such a prick on this thread these days?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Marin

by Marin

djcharlou wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:13 pm

about that seatpost OMG. That's Mathias Norsgaard's bike, 3rd on ITT U23. 1x 58T, solid !
Haha and an Aliexpress chainring!

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

bikewithnoname wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 am

I'm wondering about it too. some dudes get so uptight like they were editing wikipedia :roll:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Wookski

by Wookski

bikewithnoname wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 am

These days? :lol:

IchDien

by IchDien

He did win so I guess we can excuse it but why would you not wear shoe covers in a time trial?!

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

If it tests slower?

LouisN

by LouisN

IchDien wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 pm
He did win so I guess we can excuse it but why would you not wear shoe covers in a time trial?!

Just a personnal opinion, but I 'm guessing with the very high cadence he was pedalling ( junior max gearing and lots of tailwind and downhill portions) maybe he just doesn't like the feeling of shoe covers, limiting ankle movement. Noticed his "pointed toes" technique ? Even when his knee is flexed his toes are still pointing down.

Louis :)
Last edited by LouisN on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rondje

by Rondje

I noticed at the Womens TT that some riders didn't even bother to wear aero socks. Neben seemed to wear standard Assos socks.

IchDien

by IchDien

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm
If it tests slower?
In what possible circumstance could that be? I know there are aero shoe covers which actually don't really help at all, but if you look at his shoes with those dials...

If you look closely it seems all WT teams (or individuals who take the discipline super seriously - BMC, Sunweb, Quickstep, SKY) are now wearing almost exactly the same shoe covers in ITT/TTT just with different branding. They seem to have a windproof part over the shoe which morphs into an aerosock around the top and rear. Photos from the Worlds and Vuelta.

Rondje

by Rondje

This World Championship is very poor televised.
Previous days already weren't that great and now it takes till Kung to finally see the climb, and haven't even seen anything of the descent and the part after that. Also no images of the 2 top favorites except for the intermediate point.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

At least you have something, none of my current subscriptions/packages give me any coverage at all. Couldn't even find a working foreign language stream.

Rondje

by Rondje

If your country hasn't bought the rights you can watch it on UCI youtube, right? They normally live stream it there.

What a huge gap of Dennis, wouldn't have expected this. Dumoulin seems to be paying the price for focusing on GC's, seemed really lean. But Dennis was so impressive, even on the climb.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com