2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Quite the fist fight at the finish!

Dumoulin attacks, Froome counters, Yates couldn't follow and lost about 25-30 seconds at the end.

TonyM

by TonyM

What a Giro stage!
Yes Yates is vulnerable. The next 2 stages are going to be epic!

Rondje

by Rondje

Oh yes! We got a race again! Yates is human after all. Didn't expect this after he was so close on Tom's wheel when he attacked on a "not so hard" day compared to what is still to come.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

wow, like this race. it is going to be close. can we top greg lemonds 8 second win over laurent fignon?

glepore

by glepore

https://cycling.today/2018-giro-ditalia-live-stream/

Has a backup stream for tiz. No idea where their server went.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Sacke

by Sacke

Have to hand it to Yates for having a pretty stellar poker face. I did not see that coming and thought he was bluffing at first.

Very, very excited about the remaining stages!

853guy

by 853guy

Can't imagine how Yates is feeling right now. Emotionally, surely that has to have made him feel pretty vulnerable going into the remaining stages. And physically? He looked wasted.

Possibly can imagine how Dumoulin, Pozzovivo and Froome are feeling. Imagine they're feeling pretty good.

Game on.

853guy

853guy

by 853guy

Oh yeah.

Someone on discs won a climing stage.

853guy

Rondje

by Rondje

853guy wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:38 pm
Can't imagine how Yates is feeling right now. Emotionally, surely that has to have made him feel pretty vulnerable going into the remaining stages. And physically? He looked wasted.

Possibly can imagine how Dumoulin, Pozzovivo and Froome are feeling. Imagine they're feeling pretty good.

Game on.

853guy
Also was the first time his team wasn't there anymore. He only had Nieve with him on the climb, not something we used to from MS where they seemed the strongest team in the Giro. Hope for them it wasn't a tactical decision to give some riders some rest for the next two days.

853guy

by 853guy

Rondje wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:42 pm
Also was the first time his team wasn't there anymore. He only had Nieve with him on the climb, not something we used to from MS where they seemed the strongest team in the Giro. Hope for them it wasn't a tactical decision to give some riders some rest for the next two days.
Yeah, a strategic error on behalf of Mitchelton–Scott? Is Yates spent? Can Froome make it onto the podium? Do Sunweb and Bahrain-Merida have the depth to make Yates suffer?

Here's Yates: "That’s ok. I didn’t have great legs. I gave it all I could and that’s it. I am still in front and so that’s all good."

But is it? Dun-Dun-duuuuhhhhhn.

Just when it all seemed like a foregone conclusion, the plot gets thicker. Love it.

853guy

ave

by ave

Maybe Yates played the i am vulnerable card - so his win is more believeable.
Who knows? ;)

Without bonuses it would be even closer.

bilwit

by bilwit

looks like he paid for that TT effort the other day, still though, I don't think defending suits him and wouldn't be surprised if he drops the hammer on them tomorrow

Rondje

by Rondje

ave wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:59 pm
Who knows? ;)

Without bonuses, TD would be in pink. But that's what makes Yates ride so impressive, he let his team keep the attackers close to win stages and even took a boni sprint mid-ride.

micky

by micky

ave wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:59 pm
Who knows? ;)

Pozzovivo said something among those lines by saying he just controlled the effort as there's 2 hard stages ahead.
It would add some drama to the race.
I guess we will see tomorrow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com