2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Keep it above the belt.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

tmr5555

by tmr5555

1st comment :D

Looking forward to an explosive Giro in 2018

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seaneT1

by seaneT1

tmr5555 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:12 pm
1st comment :D

Looking forward to an explosive Giro in 2018
Given that it starts in Israel, I really hope not! :lol:

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Good one :D :D
I can´t understand, why GT named Giro d´ ITALIA should start in Israel??? It is an European GT.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

romalor

by romalor

$ :roll:
An billionaire canadian who moved to Israel and has created the team and funded many projects about sports in Israel https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/qa-sylv ... rt-israel/

and some history stuff about Italian riders saving Jews during WW2 http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27333310

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Yeah Bartali was a first class guy. Risked his life to save people he didn't know simply because it was the right thing to do. Hiding people in his apartments, riding around with fake identity papers in his seat tube, etc. Never spoke about it. Real courage.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

fogman

by fogman

I would like to read the book about Gino Bartali. It is called Road to Valor.
https://www.amazon.com/Road-Valor-Cycli ... 4687429166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Vermu

by Vermu

GTs starting somewhere else is fresh, but now all are doing it. Just waiting some chinese billionare to get TDF to start 8n Beijing.
With everything going on with Israel and Palestine atm - I hope nothing happens.
And no one should try to reap political influence out of this either...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Do the Giro, sponsors, and participants benefit from added attention exposure due to the relatively exotic/controversial start location? Does the "no such thing as bad publicity" cliche apply? I wonder if that was consideration. Certainly there will be some interesting photo ops, backdrops, etc.

As for security, the event is likely safer in Israel than elsewhere. It's a small place with advanced security and total control of borders. Individuals fitting certain profiles simply won't be able to get into the country during the Giro. A bunch of European athletes doesn't seem a logical target either.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

djbowen99

by djbowen99

I always like seeing the riders in new trade team kit

Willier

by Willier

Aru's italian champion jersey is really disapointing

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Willier wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:35 pm
Aru's italian champion jersey is really disapointing
It really is...I saw the photos earlier and didn't even notice he was wearing a special Italian jersey till you pointed it out....

Jenmoss

by Jenmoss

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:58 pm
Do the Giro, sponsors, and participants benefit from added attention exposure due to the relatively exotic/controversial start location? Does the "no such thing as bad publicity" cliche apply? I wonder if that was consideration. Certainly there will be some interesting photo ops, backdrops, etc.

As for security, the event is likely safer in Israel than elsewhere. It's a small place with advanced security and total control of borders. Individuals fitting certain profiles simply won't be able to get into the country during the Giro. A bunch of European athletes doesn't seem a logical target either.
I hope so , but those if those in charge want something to happen it will happen. Problem ,reaction ,solution. It’s been the staple of the US government ( whatever that is) and it’s allies since 911 . Let’s hope cycling is left out of the equation.

tmr5555

by tmr5555

djbowen99 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:38 am
I always like seeing the riders in new trade team kit

Pies pies mince pies! in the tum tum :D
just like us :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier