2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Haydn

by Haydn

Windy Today

Rondje

by Rondje

Daniel1975 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:38 am
The Alpes are more in his favour. The Pyrenees are different climbes. Less easy to find you pace, more changes in gradient.
Froome is always strong in the 3th week, we don’t know about G this year.
1 CF, 2 TD, 3 G ?
I've seen Landa having an amazing 3rd week in the Giro last year when he got involved in that moto crash. I think there are still two guys relatively close in the GC who always ride a very strong 3rd week, Landa and Kruijswijk. Only both aren't strong TT'ers. Roglic is the joker in the GC, same with Thomas a bit, but he got a longer track record on 1-week races then Roglic.

Tom's biggest advantage is the Sky train, it's perfect for a TT rider like him. So it's up to the pure climbers to disturb that train in the Pyrenees if they want to win.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

quitana & company big fat ZERO.. please reimburse movistar corp. short steep climb they all get dropped .
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Rondje

by Rondje

Thomas, the shadow of Tom Dumoulin. I do hope he forgets to look back on time and goes for his own chances.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Rondje wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 pm
Thomas, the shadow of Tom Dumoulin. I do hope he forgets to look back on time and goes for his own chances.
That would be much better than this ‘controlling thing’. It all looks so easy, but DB wants to make CF the best GT rider ever. But to be the greatest you have to earn it, not with team-given victories imho.
Lot’s of boo-ing again today.

Rondje

by Rondje

Not just boo's someone emptied a whole (what looked to be) water bottle on Froome. Really don't understand those people. They travel all the way to that climb, wait an entire day, and then in the split second that the riders pass you decide to be negative/aggressive. Makes me wonder what kind of problems those people have at home or at work.

maquisard

by maquisard

Thomas does actually look stronger than Froome now. The latter also has both Dumoulin and Roglič close behind threatening his GC placing.

I think the short 65km stage is really going to blow things apart. Froome's current form is holding just about on long tempo stages but on the short stage coming up things could get very interesting.

Thinking Landa is confirming that he should be leader at Movistar. Slightly disappointing from Bardet as this stage should be his.

themidge

by themidge

Why did Thomas chase Froome when he attacked at the top of the climb!? I think it was silly, not only because could he have let Froome (his leader) gain time on GC in general, but by chasing him down, Thomas brought back Dumoulin who Froome expressly needs to gain time on!

Poor showing from the rest (although Dan Martin never got a look in as he punctured 5kms out), this is looking more and more like a three horse race to me.

Haydn

by Haydn

Wednsday will probably be the deciding day

maquisard

by maquisard

Is this Wiggins stirring opinion in press to deflect attention or will a revelation soon appear?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bradley ... tom-of-it/

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Haydn wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:39 pm
Wednsday will probably be the deciding day
I think so.
Never (!) underestimate the 3th week of CF.
In the first 2 weeks of giro he also looked not that strong, but we all know the story...

raincity

by raincity

maquisard wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:44 pm
Is this Wiggins stirring opinion in press to deflect attention or will a revelation soon appear?

"ok, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know... this could be a lot more, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?"

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Is this Wiggins stirring opinion in press to deflect attention or will a revelation soon appear?

Interesting....

Wiggins:

“There are a few people bricking it (who are extremely nervous) at the moment, I know that for sure.

“I hope it comes out of its own accord but it is in certain people’s interest for it not to come out and get buried.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

TonyM wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 pm
maquisard wrote:Is this Wiggins stirring opinion in press to deflect attention or will a revelation soon appear?

Interesting....

Wiggins:

“There are a few people bricking it (who are extremely nervous) at the moment, I know that for sure.

“I hope it comes out of its own accord but it is in certain people’s interest for it not to come out and get buried.”
Pretty sure he's talking about the person who originally broke the story or clued in the Daily Mail about the Jiffy Bag ordeal. He's said several times before that once we learn who that person is, their intentions on having him smeared will all make sense. Michelle Froome maybe? :lol:
maquisard wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:45 pm
Thomas does actually look stronger than Froome now. The latter also has both Dumoulin and Roglič close behind threatening his GC placing.

I think the short 65km stage is really going to blow things apart. Froome's current form is holding just about on long tempo stages but on the short stage coming up things could get very interesting.

Thinking Landa is confirming that he should be leader at Movistar. Slightly disappointing from Bardet as this stage should be his.
Froome will have a miraculous comeback, you'll see.