2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

flying

by flying

themidge wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:09 pm
Why did Thomas chase Froome when he attacked at the top of the climb!? I think it was silly, not only because could he have let Froome (his leader) gain time on GC in general
Because a Pro's career is very short. :thumbup:

I would not blame Thomas one bit for not allowing Froome one second advantage
Let the legs do the talking may the best man win...even if it turns out to be Dumoulin

No BS promise of future support like Hinault did to Lemond etc

IchDien

by IchDien

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

As a Dutchman, I'm following Laurens ten Dam's Live Slow Ride Fast podcasts and Niki Terpstra's live IG stories and it made me wonder. How many pro cyclists are actively sharing inside information/feels of the day of the peloton on the new media? So not plain old interviews on sites like Cyclingnews etc.
I find them really refreshing and giving nice insights into how the things go, especially Ten Dam's podcasts as they give some insights of a team that competes well on the GC. Lauren's also used to have room vlogs on his IG stories, but seemed to have stopped with those.
I know Mitch Docker's inside the peloton podcast, but are more pro's sharing that stuff?

KB

by KB

flying wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 am
Let the legs do the talking may the best man win...even if it turns out to be Dumoulin
Agree. Assuming Thomas doesn't have a bad day, then I think Froome will turn bandit on Thomas and attack him at some time: unless there are team orders, but which of course may be disregarded, but I think Brailsford would support Froome.

But I would never think anyone could be as treacherous as doper Hinault. I know a Brit pro who rode in the same era as Hinault and has never waivered in his view of him, which was very negative indeed.

I would be happy for Dumoulin to win. The way he has presented himself in interviews and the way he has ridden are very commendable.

Vermu

by Vermu

KB wrote:
flying wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 am
Agree. Assuming Thomas doesn't have a bad day, then I think Froome will turn bandit on Thomas and attack him at some time: unless there are team orders, but which of course may be disregarded, but I think Brailsford would support Froome.

But I would never think anyone could be as treacherous as doper Hinault. I know a Brit pro who rode in the same era as Hinault and has never waivered in his view of him, which was very negative indeed.

I would be happy for Dumoulin to win. The way he has presented himself in interviews and the way he has ridden are very commendable.
Dumoulin has grown a ton compared to last years Giro.
He has become very likable and above all on the bike there’s no need to close your eyes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

themidge

by themidge

Well, Astana is having a pretty good Tour this year.

Antoine

by Antoine

Almost 3000m elevation today , amazing that Cort Nielsen and Valgrean can climb with Pozzovivo and Mollema, not far from Malka, while Soler, Herrada, Pauwels and others can't.

Why Mollema and Inzagirre kept pulling with Cort Nielsen (obviously much faster than them) until the end ?

guyc

by guyc

Antoine wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 pm
Why Mollema and Inzagirre kept pulling with Cort Nielsen (obviously much faster than them) until the end ?
Because they were guaranteed a top 3 finish.

Rondje

by Rondje

I've just read on Twitter that Moscon has been sent out of the TDF because he hit a Fortuneo guy. Can't find any confirmation yet, but here is the tweet (French) https://twitter.com/LPFrileux/status/10 ... 3235092480

If true, he really is making a bad reputation of himself.
DQ'ed of WC for a sticky bottle
Racism behavior towards Reza
Accused of deliberately crashing Reichenbach
And now hitting a guy?

Since there has been a lot of talks about Sky being favored in the salbutamol case it will be interesting to see what they are going to do with this. Lars Boom recently got a 1-month ban for aggressive behavior.

maquisard

by maquisard

Moscon is a terrible human being and Sky should fire him immediately. Can't wait to hear Brailsford spin this...

TonyM

by TonyM

guyc wrote:
Antoine wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 pm
Because they were guaranteed a top 3 finish.
Calmejane/ Direct Energie (and local in Carcassonne) was really upset against Trek who pulled with Cort Nielsen at the end.

And it was said (TV commentator) that Trek did it maybe because there was some differences between Calmejane and Trek in the first week (Mûr de Bretagne?)

maquisard

by maquisard

Rondje

by Rondje

maquisard wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:47 pm
Video of the incident

https://twitter.com/toutlesport/status/ ... 9292470272
Should be a one month ban just like Lars Boom

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Moscon is a terrible human being and Sky should fire him immediately. Can't wait to hear Brailsford spin this...
Against Elie Gesbert/ Fortuneo!

Yepp keen to see how Brailsford will save him again...maybe he will start again his war with the French TdF organisation like he did with Lapartient/ UCI and says that it is an nationalistic decision of the TdF organisation.

Honestly Sky has so many good riders that I don‘t understand why they keep Moscon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Moscon seems like a bell-end but that 'punch' was all a bit handbags.