2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Wookski

by Wookski

It’s always about money- he’s just pulling the material change clause to terminate. Good on him! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

Wookski wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm
It’s always about money- he’s just pulling the material change clause to terminate. Good on him! :beerchug:
Again, I'm not sure he earns more on the road then he does in CX. Not even sure if LottoNL (next year just Jumbo) has the money and room on the roster to put him in for next year.

The result of this story is that the fusion of Roompot and Sniper cycling is in doubt, as Crelan stays with WvA they probably lose a big sponsor and Sniper might not bring enough to the table for the fusion.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

In other news, Quintana is already saying he’s going to ride the Tour next year.

I’d say that the Giro would the GT that suits him best, most years. But hey, here’s to another 2min loss in a mid-length TT and a 6th to 12th place finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Rondje wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:59 pm
Wookski wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm
Again, I'm not sure he earns more on the road then he does in CX. Not even sure if LottoNL (next year just Jumbo) has the money and room on the roster to put him in for next year.

The result of this story is that the fusion of Roompot and Sniper cycling is in doubt, as Crelan stays with WvA they probably lose a big sponsor and Sniper might not bring enough to the table for the fusion.
Lotto-Jumbo fought pretty hard to win his signature and signed him to a long deal commencing on the assumed date when he was free from his contract with Sniper. I would imagine that they would jump at the chance to get him a year early and will find the money no problem. Jumbo apparently want to make a big move into the Belgian market and see Wout as their poster boy for that effort. I don't think an additional million or two euro will make much of a difference to Jumbo.

micky

by micky

Probably he will have his own sponsors as well..?

Rondje

by Rondje

Crelan most likely goes where WvA goes yes.

Latest rumors are that Nuyens was searching for damaging statements regarding WvA which made him break his contract.
rumors here: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 8_03757203

BradJenkins

by BradJenkins

Probably
micky wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 pm
Probably he will have his own sponsors as well..?

bilwit

by bilwit

anyone hear Geraint Thomas talk about the Froome situation on the Wiggins Eurosport Podcast? They joked about how hopefully the exact same situation can happen (and he wins) and Wiggins was like "don't tag him off behind his back, that's where I went wrong!" :lol:

kbbpll

by kbbpll

"This Woman Just Biked at 184 MPH to Smash the Bicycle Speed Record"
https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2328124 ... ed-record/
Maybe not "pro thread" material, but 184 mph (296 kph) on a bicycle, holy expletive.

themidge

by themidge

Saw that on GCN, pretty cool, especially to beat a fairly old record :thumbup:. Is there a non-drafting-nor-sat-in-an-aero-lozenge record? What is it if there is one?

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

themidge wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Is there a non-drafting-nor-sat-in-an-aero-lozenge record? What is it if there is one?
On level ground, for a faired bike, 89.58 mph unpaced/undrafted.
But I don't know about unfaired, even with an aero frame.

For downhill, that's a whole nuther issue. Is there a drafted class for downhill? There oughtta be! :lol:

ave

by ave

Wow, no small feat! But on the video she does not appear to be trying at all...
I have zero experience with drafting at high speeds, but it seems that anyone could do the pedaling, it's more of a dare & stay-on-the-bike type record.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

lol yal see the new cervelo s5? cav probably wants to change team how ugly the stem bar combo turned out =(

TiCass

by TiCass

nathanong87 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 am
lol yal see the new cervelo s5? cav probably wants to change team how ugly the stem bar combo turned out =(
Yeah we did. And No.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

^^^ It's interesting to think about. Even if there's zero wind resistance, what's the rolling resistance and the power requirement at that speed? I mean, unless my math is wrong, those 17 inch wheels were rotating 60 times per second. Of course there's probably no doubt any pro cyclist could provide the watts. Think about pedaling the equivalent of a 40 foot diameter wheel though, that's just crazy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com