2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Wookski wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:04 pm
Read that article yesterday- I feel sorry for the author, he has so many feelings.

Instead of giving more oxygen to the crybabies, what about a round of applause to Andrew Hood for Thursday’s Velonews article predicting a Sky ambush?
Yeah that piece is probably one of the worst things I've read on that website.

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Meanwhile, at the U23 Paris Roubaix today, wiggo with his guns out.

Tattoos really are an awful look.

Agree...not the fine British style...LOL..

But what is he doing at the U23???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

TonyM wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:07 am
maquisard wrote:Meanwhile, at the U23 Paris Roubaix today, wiggo with his guns out.

Being a Chav is 100% British! The tats don’t bother me but what happened to his socks?

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:
He runs a Continental team aimed at developing U23 riders

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Wookski wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:16 am
TonyM wrote:

Being a Chav is 100% British! The tats don’t bother me but what happened to his socks?
He is on track to become the next Lemond.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

is that the old Motorola jersey? :lol:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

personally I feel like the Salbutamol case makes (in addition to other cases, like the jiffy bag, hiring doc Leinders) everything SKY has ever done and anything they ever will achieve at the very least shady. that's the price you pay for being a self righteous douche on paper, positioning yourself so highly above the rest, but a total a-hole in real life, disregarding all the rules you spoke so highly of without so much as a blink - a hypocrite is probably too light of a word here.

SKY has capacity to both createand tarnish it's stars - Wiggo might've been the guy with countless track medals, but instead he's that dude who most likely came to win the Tour on drugs (not: the tour on drugs lol). same thing might happen to any of them, Froome included. no one's gonna be surprised to hear Kwiato's on this, and Poels' on that. there's no chance people will look at their wins without a shadow of a doubt.

that's their fault entirely. saying what they said, doing (on the road) what allegedly the mostly doped team in history did, and then behaving like all the guilty parties in sport behaved, there's no escaping public's outrage. sure, that alone doesn't prove anything, but despite we think of ourselves as the very sophisticated spicies, we do make the same mistakes over and over again - in their case probably not learning one bit from them.

I don't mind Froome's Giro win. it was a very entertaining race, his 80km solo ride was epic, all in all it all looked so close and real. I think I'll stop here and say no more, appreciating some really cool racing, we won't probably see come the Tour. tearing clothes over it is IMHO kind of unbecoming - unless it's your first rodeo and Froome's just popped your cherry - in that case, be sure they'll keep on hurting your feelings, cause that's what pro cyclists do darling :lol:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Rob81

by Rob81

Wookski wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:16 am
but what happened to his socks?
lost in a jiffy bag

liam7020

by liam7020

wingguy wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 pm
liam7020 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 pm
Chaves and Yates finish the Giro exhausted and well off the pace but at least they have the satisfaction of knowing they rode with dignity.
Do they?

How do you know that?
Have a think about it John....
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

wingguy

by wingguy

liam7020 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:10 am
Have a think about it John....
Or just tell me? :noidea:

mrgray

by mrgray

100% with tymon_tm here. i think that is "the" take on these recent events.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

maquisard

by maquisard

Does anyone thing Wiggins looks really uncomfortable on the bike in that photo I posted. One of the things I always admired about Wiggins was his form on the bike, the sign of a good pistard/track rider. Certainly in his hour attempt he looked superb, now he just looks like a mess.

liam7020

by liam7020

maquisard wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:49 am
Does anyone thing Wiggins looks really uncomfortable on the bike in that photo I posted. One of the things I always admired about Wiggins was his form on the bike, the sign of a good pistard/track rider. Certainly in his hour attempt he looked superb, now he just looks like a mess.
Looks like he's bulking up for this new rowing career or is that still happening? He's certainly a lot heavier in the upper body than he was in 2012... And yeah, too many tats!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Wookski

by Wookski

tymon_tm’s rant was a little long winded, bored me by the second paragraph. Keep it punchy or be forever lost in the discussion about Wiggo’s tats and missing socks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sub6 shoes too

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk