2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

FilmAt11
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 am

by FilmAt11

MoPho - Thanks for the great East Bay pics. I grew up in that area and really enjoy your shots. If you wouldn't mind, could you take a few shots of the sandstone around Rock City?

User avatar
Leviathan
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Mallorca, Spain
Contact:

by Leviathan

Lewn777 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:58 pm
Leviathan wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:25 pm
So the "wife and kids away so lets do a 300kms round the island easter ride" became "woke up too late so lets just do a bit of mountains."
I was right there in February. 300km is a tough ask in Mallorca, if you stick to the mountains!
It does about the first 180 kms pure mountains - Pollenca to Andratx then back to Esporles via Puigpuñent, then after that its much more rolling, but Im still probably good do the easier 242kms route as the last extra loop via Petra is pretty pointless in the bigger 316 route.

beeatnik
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm

by beeatnik

MoPho wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 pm
beeatnik wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:18 pm


In that group of 20 to 25, how many were riding disc b?
Wrong thread, but there was 5 or 6 people on disc, and there was even someone on a 1X drivetrain, the horror!!



.
The Yay Area is so weird. And so self-satisfied.

Let's go, Doyers!

MoPho
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: NorCal/SoCal

by MoPho

double post
Last edited by MoPho on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

MoPho
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: NorCal/SoCal

by MoPho

beeatnik wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 pm



.


The Yay Area is so weird. And so self-satisfied.

Let's go, Doyers!

Huh? I wouldn't know, I am a transplant from LA where people are even more weird. You're from LA right? ;)



.

Nefarious86
Moderator
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Contact:

by Nefarious86

Easter Monday local B grade success :)ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

beeatnik
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm

by beeatnik

MoPho wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:04 am
beeatnik wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 pm



.


The Yay Area is so weird. And so self-satisfied.

Let's go, Doyers!

Huh? I wouldn't know, I am a transplant from LA where people are even more weird. You're from LA right? ;)



.
I'm from Mexico.

Image

My other bika gots a coaster brake!

User avatar
Calnago
Posts: 5788
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

by Calnago

I’m from Canada.
Americans are so weird. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

User avatar
Calnago
Posts: 5788
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

by Calnago

@Nefarious: Nice Job!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

User avatar
Lewn777
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 am

by Lewn777

Leviathan wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 pm
Lewn777 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:58 pm
Leviathan wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:25 pm
So the "wife and kids away so lets do a 300kms round the island easter ride" became "woke up too late so lets just do a bit of mountains."
I was right there in February. 300km is a tough ask in Mallorca, if you stick to the mountains!
It does about the first 180 kms pure mountains - Pollenca to Andratx then back to Esporles via Puigpuñent, then after that its much more rolling, but Im still probably good do the easier 242kms route as the last extra loop via Petra is pretty pointless in the bigger 316 route.
I was staying in Port Andratx, I cycled mostly to Soller, Puig Major and Sa Calobra. I went the flatter route to the south of the mountains but kept getting caught up in traffic nightmares around northern Palma industrial estates so didn't save much time at all. I originally wanted to make it to Cap de Formentor, but over the mountains there and back was too far in one day. I'd love to stay somewhere near Soller next time.

jeanjacques
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:01 am
Location: France

by jeanjacques

@Nefarious: so we can conclude that the aerodynamic losses of the hairy legs surpass those of the beard :D

Nefarious86
Moderator
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Contact:

by Nefarious86

jeanjacques wrote:@Nefarious: so we can conclude that the aerodynamic losses of the hairy legs surpass those of the beard :D
I just got lucky enough that a long shot jump 1km from the line payed off while the other 3 in the break were distracting each other. Only took 8 attempts over 7 laps to manage to stay away from the bunch haha.

Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

kingtom
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am
Location: switzerland
Contact:

by kingtom

Around the mountain 'Säntis' yesterday. And the last is on the way back home from work today. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk


User avatar
Kjetil
Posts: 1378
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Location: Hamar, Norway
Contact:

by Kjetil

Image
It was possible to ride a road bike here on Monday. Not any more.
Pic taken at the notorious Truls Korsæths Corner of our little gravel ditty Gylne Gutuer, this year upgraded to UCI 1.2 as the third day of http://www.udw.no.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

kingtom
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am
Location: switzerland
Contact:

by kingtom

Just commuting... ImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post